Chapter - 15 : Goodbye Muggle World

That one month with Leah was spent in the blink of an eye! Ava'd spent the whole month as close to Leah as possible and studying her new books intently. Ava couldn't believe when it was the eve of her journey. She stuck by Leah all evening preventing her to file out some papers that she had to for her clinic.

Instead she asked Leah to bake some cookies with her - something they loved to bond with! The smell of the heavenly cookies filled the kitchen as Leah called out that they could have the cookies only after dinner.

"Why are you putting me through such torture, Le?" Ava asked dramatically.

"So that you eat your veggies!" she shot, laughing at her sister.

"Humph," Ava sighed as gobble up her dinner for chocolate chip cookies were something she couldn't resist.

She brought a glass of milk and the plate of cookies and ate some right away without waiting for Leah who chuckled looking at her.

"Save some for tomorrow's train ride, Avie!" she pointed out.

"Ugh! What would make me resist such perfect cookies?" Ava said, again very dramatically.

"Stomachache. You have to go to school tomorrow. You can't be sick and miss your train! Father would become a zombie and kill me! Don't you worry about my life?" Leah said sarcastically.

"True."

And with that she went to bed, feeling exhilarated for her oncoming adventures.

The next morning, Ava woke up early. She wondered whether she'd see the blonde boy again. She wondered if she'd be able to make friends at all. But she pushed the thought away as she quickly got dressed and went downstairs to see Leah finishing up the work she'd left pending last night. She hugged Ava a good morning and told her that her breakfast was on the kitchen counter and that they would leave for Kings Cross station at 9:15 am.

Excitedly, they left at the decided time and reached the station with half an hour to spare.

"I'm going to miss you Leah!" Ava was almost in tears.
"I'm going to miss you too my little Avie bear!" Leah said. "But this isn't goodbye! I'm going to write to you three times a week or how many ever times you'd like!" she added.

"I want you to write as many times as you can! Promise?"

"Promise," she promised. "Ok now, hop along. Time for you to cross the barrier."
Leah said while holding her in a deep hug.

"Yeah," Ava replied, "Bye Le!"
"Bye Ava! Focus well on your studies, okay?"

Smiling, Ava crossed the barrier to platform 9 3/4 by walking between the wall of platforms 9 and 10.

————————

Heyyyyyyy!
Can someone please point out (tag) the weirdo who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?

I don't understand how someone can resist them. They are one of my personal favourites.

But hope you enjoyed this chapter. Keep saving your favourite memories! Comment, vote, share and follow!

Always,
Ana