23. Vanilla and Chocolate

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"What happened to you in the past?"

Right after I said that, his face turned pale and he started to tremble. Shit! I shouldn't have told him that. I hope he doesn't go into depression right now.

"I-I don't know," he softly replied to me. I was confused. He doesn't know? Maybe he has amnesia. Or maybe... "Wait...I mean I do know about it but, are you sure you want to hear it?"

"Yeah. I am fine with it. If you don't want to tell me then you don't need to force yourself," I said and he nodded. Actually, I was really curious to know what exactly happened in the past. If I force him to tell me, then there is a chance that he might break the deal between us.

"It happened back when I was...I guess six or seven years old," he started and I sat down on the bed, beside him to make sure he doesn't start crying or shouting. He continued, "I had a friend. He was my first friend. We were really close and we always stayed side by side. But one day his parents divorced and he was sent with his father while his sister went with her mother. After that day, he was depressed and he was always sick. His dad started to drink a lot and that was another burden on his shoulder. He would sometimes skip school and when I asked him the reason, he always said the same thing that he was sick.

"One day I went to his house to surprise him because it was his birthday. The door was locked and I pounded on it multiple times. There was no response and I felt scared. I thought something bad happened to him. So I climbed a tree which grew near his window and luckily, the window was wide open. When I jumped in I-I..."

He suddenly stopped and buried his head in his hands and wept silently. I wrapped and arm around his shoulder and hugged him.

"He committed suicide," he sobbed and started to cry even more, "His wrists were slit and there was blood everywhere. His entire body was covered with scars and he died. He died, Jungkook."

I patted his head and pulled him closer to me. I had never knew that Taehyung had a past like this. I was always jealous about his perfect life, but if I had known about this sooner, would I still hate him?

"I am sorry, Jungkook," he mumbled and I shook my head.

"Don't apologize. I won't judge you now, so you can cry all you want," I said and he buried his head on my chest and cried and cried. I hugged him while he made my shirt wet. I buried my nose in his hair and I could smell a faint scent of chocolate.

"Chocolate?" I said out of nowhere and he looked at me with a confused face, "Your hair smells like chocolate."

"Really?" he said and plucked a strand of his hair and inhaled it, "I can't smell anything." I laughed and pulled him close to me.

"That's because it was only one strand," I buried my nose in his hair and he pushed me away.

"Creep," he said and I scowled at him.

"I didn't say anything when you fricking smelled my hair."

"Your hair? Oh yeah. Your hair smells like vanilla. Why so?"

"Because I am sweet." He threw a pillow at me and I threw it back at him. He fell back and started to laugh and he leapt on me. I couldn't dodge in time and I fell back on the bed. He sat on my stomach and I tried to push him away because he was as heavy as an elephant.

"Move fatty. You are so fricking heavy," I tried to push him away, but he didn't budge.

"You don't have the right to insult me, bunny boy," he said and suddenly I grabbed both of his arms and flipped him over so that I was on top of him.