52. Ghost or Zombie?

JUNGKOOK'S POV

After five hours or probably more than that, we finally reached the top of the hill and we started to set up our tents. Taehyung gave it a try, but the tent didn't seem to like him and refused to cooperate with him. In the end, he gave up and I had to go and set it up. The tent loved me and it perfectly settled down without even hitting me or causing me any trouble. You should have seen Tae's face that time. He was pretty much shocked and annoyed and he even went up to the tent and started to curse at it. Poor tent! It did nothing and yet it gets scolded by some random ass. 

The day went by and the night came in. The bright and joyful forest now transformed into eerie darkness. Tae was pretty much scared of the forest, so he stuck by my side all the time. He even dragged me along to pee, but sadly he didn't let me see 'it'. You get it, right?

"The forest is so creepy. You are sleeping with me only," he hugged my arm and I smiled to myself. He is hugging my arm! Yay! And he asked me to sleep with him. Bonus!

The students and the teachers gathered around the fire, which they had lit in the middle of the camp site, and began to tell ghost stories. Most of the people trembled in fear as they thought about the ghosts and zombies that haunted these very forests and hills. A man told us a local story which was quite popular around here.

It was about this lady who used to look ugly and scary and she would always mourn and cry about her appearance. One day she stumbled over a book in the town's library and it talked about how to become beautiful. It was about some kind of a ritual you had to do every first day of the month. After a month, the spell disappears and the person will lose her beauty. So she used to do that ritual every month and in exchange she looked really pretty. She continued to do this for many years and one day she met this handsome man and fell in love with him.

The man too, fell in love with her beauty, but he never knew the secret behind it. So they got married and lived in a cottage which was situated somewhere in this very hill. The man never knew about his wife's rituals. But one day, he started to suspect her. He noticed that she disappeared off to nowhere on the first day of every month, so he decided to follow her. The next month on the first day, he followed her and he saw her doing the rituals.

He finally saw her ugly face and he screamed with fright. The lady tried to explain to him, but he wasn't ready to listen to her. He started to call her a witch and a sorceress and in anger, she killed him with a knife. She later mourned his death and soon, she too died from starvation. They say her body is buried under the pond and it is marked by a huge rock. The pond was situated a little bit far from our camp site and they say that every night, her soul comes around and looks for handsome people and kills them.

That story shook everyone except for me and some smart people. Like come on, ghosts? Who the heck believes them? Dumb people like Taehyung do. For the next two hours, he cried over the fact that he was handsome.

"Why am I so handsome? Ugh! Now the lady will kill me, Jungkook," he cried onto my shoulder and I patted him.

"It's fine," I tried to console him, "Even I am pretty much handsome so even that lady might come after me."

"Why the heck do you think she will come after you?" he asked me, "You don't look handsome at all." Knew it! This fricking dumb guy will say something stupid like that.

"I am pretty sure someone yelled to the entire world that Jeon Jungkook is way handsome than—" he suddenly shut my mouth with his hand and he glared at me. Oops! I was supposed to forget it, right?

"Th-That time my m-mind was working well," he said and I could clearly see that he was pretty much lying, "But I am way more handsome than you and chances of me dying is a one hundred percent."