Chapter 15: Arguments

A R G U M E N T S

———

Mal's POV

I woke up and allowed my eyes to take a minute to adjust to my surroundings. This isn't my room. I recalled everything that had happened last night and smiled, realizing my head was still laying on his chest. I moved slowly, doing my best not to wake him. He looks so cute when he's asleep.

"Stalker." I heard his deep, groggy voice and smiled.

"I am not a stalker."

"You're watching me sleep, that's what a stalker does." He pulled me by my waist to lay down closer to him.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and he kissed my cheek.

"Good morning baby."

"Good morning fool." I gave him a tired smile.

"I have news for you: you didn't have nightmares." He poked my cheek excitedly.

"I figured. Apparently I don't get nightmares when I'm with you, weird." I shouldn't have said that. I saw his face light up and was no longer embarrassed at my vulnerable confession.

"Yeah, I think you had a good dream actually."

"Really? How could you tell?"

"I might've heard a moan or two" He grinned and I blushed profusely.

"Oh God! Liar! Shut up."

"Yeah and..." He started to continue and I covered my ears.

"You're a liar. Shut up. Don't say that." I smacked his arm and he laughed loudly.

"Fine. Fine, I guess some people just can't handle the truth." I rolled my eyes and got off of him.

"I'm going to go shower."

"Wait!" Draco jumped off the bed and pulled me to him by my waist. "I forgot to give you a present yesterday."

"No. Don't go spending money on me. I don't need one, I'm perfectly happy." I ran my hand through his hair and he smiled at me, squinting his eyes.

"I won't be spending any money, here." He took his Slytherin ring off his hand and put it on my finger. I gasped and put my hand out, admiring it.

"Your ring?"

"Yeah. I don't just give it to anyone, you know?"

"Trust me, I know. Thank you fool." I took his face and kissed him gently. "I love it."

"And you love...?"

"You... obviously." I rolled my eyes and ran my hand through the back of his hair, playing with it.

"Now everyone can see that you're mine, and that I'm serious about you."

"You're not gonna drop the 'mine' thing, are you?" I smirked.

"Sorry sorry. I know you have an issue with it, I'll try. But if Diggory starts trying to get close to you I'll—" He started to clench his fists with rage and I put my hands on them.

"Alright, let's calm down." Wait. Shit. Cedric. What am I gonna tell him? I can't tell him. Not yet. If something happens to him it'll be my fault. "Can I ask you something and you promise you won't get mad?"

"I have a feeling I'm not gonna like this." He ran his hand through his hair.

"Can we not tell anyone? Not yet?" I pleaded.

"Katerina—" He pushed me off him gently and stood up.

"It's just— what if something happens to him because I make him upset or something? Those tasks are dangerous. You said so yourself." I tried to turn his own words against him.