Chapter Twenty Three

─────────────────────

" let's discuss it later, okay" she was about to pat Jaeneung's head when the little boy briefly walked away, sad and slightly mad. Hara could only let out a sigh slightly glued to the floor. Staring at her son's silhouette who retreats back to the direction at where his room was located, she slowly stood up again letting out a sigh again, fit a hundred if times already.

This was her weakness. She couldn't afford to get mad at her children whenever their attitude and the behavior are negative. she attended enough of the parenting classes to know that a parent should scold their children for any bad manners and teach them to correct it. As the lesson said, she needed to correct them about their rude and silly behavior, like right now with Jaeneung. However deep down she also know that she could never do it. Not because she doesn't want her children to be in good manners, but because she's afraid to see their despise and hatred to her for not agreeing with their wants. That incident already happened, she never want it to happen again.

Hara was a type of mother who wanted her children to be happy and always contented about what they have, that includes spoiling them and again she knows that it's not healthy for them. She loved her babies so much that she couldn't bare to see them being mad or sad.

But that has to change today.

Instead of following Jaeneung and comfort him—which she usually do— this time she gave him a proper space and time to think. Things need to change around here. Since they're going to have a real father figure.

─────────────────────

" Jaeneung is still in his room..." Hara worriedly played with her bracelets, most of them dangling together. Everyone is in the living room already, appart from her, Jungkook and Jaeneung. Jungkook recently arrived and was immediately greeted with a sad Hara. "I was hoping you could convince him to come with us...We have a little complications. I know you just came and probably tired at the long travel in the pouring rain, so I'll understand if you couldn't"

There was kindness and reassurance in Hara's voice that Jungkook admired. He could tell that the mother was troubled but she did her best to stand tough and strong.

"I wouldn't mind. I actually would love to" Jungkook showed his bunny smile to Hara who nodded her head in agreement.

Both of them journeyed to Jaeneung's room without sharing words. It was awkward, for Jungkook since he isn't quite close to the woman.

He did a small research in Hara's and her family history— he knew it was rude and unprofessional of him to search about someone on the internet. Half of what he knew was ridiculous and the other half was believable. Hara was twenty-four-years-old when she married Baekhyun. The two of them met way back during their childhood days because of Jiyon, Baekhyun's father, would always visit the orphanage where Hara was. There was a few informations about her family that Jungkook was confused. Some says her family died, some says she ran away from her family and some say they died on an incident. Hara fought by herself, went to a prestige schools because of her  knowledge and hard work. Jungkook was very impressed and now he admire the woman. Probably admired too much, the fact that she gave birth to Septuplets when she was  twenty seven. Septuplets. Seven babies being delivered by a single mother. It's add up a huge sum of admiration and respect Jungkook had for Hara. Not long after her pregnancy Baekhyun passed away, and Jungkook couldn't imagine the pain Hara felt that day, but Hara stand tall and brave on the media and announced Baekhyun's death as if it was just a mere speech she would always have. She's powerful, strong and independent, sometimes Jungkook could feel the broken and trapped version of herself locked away purposely to not be seen by people. People like Jungkook.

Well sorry for her. But Jungkook is one competitive guy and he just found  another challenge to win. He wanted to help her. Little did he know that it was more than just a help.

" I should wait in the living room" Hara was about to retreat back to the living room where everybody's waiting when Jungkook stopped her by holding her arm.

The man immediately realize his automatic action and let Hara's arm go, and aggressively bowed apologetically to the woman who only let out a small smile. Hara could really see Jaeneung from Jungkook. The thin lips, doe brown orbs and sensitive trait. As if he's afraid to upset her even more. The younger male was cute. She's already on her thirty and Jungkook's twenty-seven, Hara wouldn't really mind being called any professional names.

"I, I'm sorry but c-can you tell me what I could do? I really don't know what to do" he shyly asked, feeling embarrassed to confidently agree to Hara's request and disappointing her. Instead of that look, he received an understanding smile before a melodic giggle.

Wow, can all giggles sound like music?

Jungkook thought, replaying the melodic giggle Hara made.

" I understand you. I was once in your position, But you don't have to worry about messing up, just be yourself and talk to him." She spoke with ease and experienced. As if she was oh her business meeting explaining the next action of the company. It's ho- hot in here!

" I'll try my best then" finally gazing at her orbs, he received a nod from her.

" You'll do great, don't worry. The rest of us will be waiting" she took a step back, placed both of her hands on her side and stared at the door. " If he wouldn't open, you can just go in. He doesn't know how to lock the door" it was because Jaeneung had trouble pushing the button, and he doesn't like being stuck inside a room.

" Thank you Hara" Jungkook sent a very sincere smile. It's very warmth and joy, overwhelming the woman who return a small smile and walked away from him.

Her disappearance slightly made Jungkook sad, but it wasn't sad enough to retreat now. Taking a huge amount of air he softly knocked on the door. He didn't received any responses from Jaeneung, so he knocked again. Still didn't have any response, so as Hara told him not long ago, he twisted the doorknob and was surprised that the door slowly opened. Peeking his head from the small gasp of the door he was welcome with a bright room, aquamarine  colored walls and a few large cartoon dinosaurs was attached on the walls. It was a kids bedroom.

" Jaeneung?" He called out, letting himself in when he heard a confuse murmur coming from Jaeneung who was on his gray covered bed, playing with a few cubes with letters on it. 

"M-mister Jungcook!!" Surprised, the little boy dropped the cubes he was holding and brought both of his small hands on his hubby cheeks. Thin lips forming into a huge 'O' shape. "Whyre you here?"

Jungkook expected a grumpy and sad Jaeneung, but right now he was just surprised and wasn't upset.

" Your grandpa called me earlier because we have something important to discuss with you and your siblings" Jungkook let out a smile, standing straight in his spot without moving any steps on the carpet or on the floor. He felt like he was invading if he would randomly walk wherever he wanted to walk.

" Is dis about our daddy?"

─────────────────────

I'm sorry about this update. I've been stressing and uninspired for the past couple of weeks and it's bugging me the hell out. I wanted to update a long and more detailed update but I couldn't to it for now since I am very much uninspired.
But I do promise to update a good and worth a wait chapter in the very near future so I hope you'll wait.

I also would love to thank @Deniana_sky for creating the new over for this book! She made four but I had trouble choosing which so I chooses this because I asked my friends. Again thank you so much!

Oh and I want to ask if you can make me a book cover to my book Three Hearts For One, I'm not good at book covering so I hope some of you can make me one.

Anyways, take care of yourself, stay healthy and be safe!!!