Repentance

Takas pov (aged seven)

I skipped home holding mommy's hand. I was super happy cause the teacher gave me a gold star and made me pupil of the week! I was super excited to show daddy but when I got home daddy was nursing a small toddler.

"darling who is this child?" mommy asked.

Daddy turned to me "taka will you be a good boy and wait in the living room while mommy and daddy have a little talk?"

"ok" I said going into the living room.

I couldn't hear much of what they were saying but they did mention grandpa firing the little boy mommy. Why would grandpa do something so mean?

Daddy came out with the little boy behind him.

"taka meet your new brother kokichi" he said petting the boys head. The boy had purple hair and purple eyes. He was really cute!

"hi kokichi I'm your new big brother" I said waving to him.

Kokichi hugged the bear with tears in his eyes "I don't want a big brother or a new family I just want mommy back. Why's she have to kill herself!?" he burst into tears. Mommy tried to hug him but he pushed her away "no! I don't want you! I just want mommy back!" he ran away crying.

"daddy did his mommy really kill herself?" I asked.

Daddy sighed "your grandpa did some unspeakable acts to Kokichis mother causing her to kill herself in front of her own son. To make up for my father's sins I'm going to adopt young kokichi and raise him like my own. All I ask is that you help kokichi open up to us. Can you do that for me son?"

"yep! I can do it daddy" I grinned.

"that's my boy" he said ruffling his hair.

Yep I definitely going to do it. I'm going to be the best big brother ever!