The Face Behind....

His art was a coral reef.
Filled with every colour.
His art was the ocean.
The blue in every work made him known as ' Boy Blue '.
His art was the sky.
Sometimes still,sometimes in motion,sometimes clothed,sometimes plain,sometimes dark,sometimes dotted.
He wore a mask and baggy clothes everywhere.
No one knew his face.

He had great plans for his last exhibition.
One by one his fans walked into the gallery expecting to find art dotting the walls,
but there was only a rectangular box in the middle of the room.
After everyone settled,the box opened like a flower in the morning sun.
There he was,with all lights on him.
' I am Boy Blue,' he said with a smile so bright it dimmed the lights.

His words were clear for all but their ears heard him not for their eyes roamed his face and body.
One by one they left,just as they had come.
But their heads hang low,eyes were wide with shock,hearts full of disgust,mouths full of foul words,minds full of anger and regret.
The boy in the box was not the face and body they expected to be behind the art.

A few weeks later they all attended his funeral.
Boy Blue had died with every single look and word from them.
He was just not the face and body they had created in their shallow minds to be behind the art.