XXXIX

Mark ran into the ward. He pushed the door, leaving the leader and the medic team speechless.

He breathily faced the laying Younghee. Younghee looked into the worried male eyes. "Younghee... glad you're fine."

Mark hugged the still freezing girl, softly caressing her dark locks. She smiled, inhaling the scent of her knight.

"Why what's wrong, Mark?" She whispered into his ears. "I... I don't want to lose you... I need you forever..."

Younghee's eyes were filled with tears, she blinked allowing it to wet her soft fluffy cheeks.

"You are my soulmate, what if heaven tears us apart because of my deeds?"

Younghee pulled away his already wet face. Her lips were reaching his, slowly following the calm rhythm. He gave in, thumb brushing over her defined jawline.

"Chubs, promise me that we'll go through this together."

"I will, I am not going to let anything to separate us. Not even a breath."

He continued kissing her face all over. The leader abruptly coughed, gaining the soulmates attention. "Glad you realized Mark, but let her have a rest. She needs it."

"Anyways, Taeyong. You're not going to believe what we found last night, it was creepy."

Taeyong listened to every single words that were thrown by the younger leader. Taeyong couldn't hide his true expression under that cold face anymore, he seems very surprised.

"Someone who is related to Cho Yoon..."

Taeyong eyed the reading girl on the bed, thinking deeply if he could ask the question inside his head.

"Younghee, you heard it right?"

Younghee smiled, looking at the leaders on the couch few meters beside her bed.

"We want to know who are the people that ever worked with your father, as an assistant because that is the main point."

Younghee went silent, scrolling through the Cho's personal website where the informations about him placed.

"I only remembered some, my papa's first assistant is Kang Jisul. He's already dead by the way. The second and the third one were really something else, but I can't remember neither of them."

Taeyong immediately opened his laptop, fingers were busy typing words here and there. "I can't find your father's assistant's files and documents."

"It's because he usually deleted it. He said parasit couldn't keep up with his life anymore." Younghee explained, earning a sigh from Taeyong.

"How's The Boyz doing right now?"

"They're currently inside our training room and basketball court."

"We have to find out the monster in order to ease our revenges and save Younghee from danger."

Dark black pitch night is somehow really eerie for the traumatized girl inside the room. She moved from the ward into her soulmate's room. The thunder sound shocking her, making her breath hitched in the silence.

Younghee shifted uncomfortably deeper into Mark's neck. She curled up into ball, holding her tears.

Due to whimpers and movements, Mark jolted up only to see the uneasy state of his girlfriend.

"Why dear, are you okay?"

She shook her head vigorously, gaining a worried sigh from the boyfriend. "I'm scared, what if the monster come back to send me off to mama?"

Mark hugged her tighter, as tight as he could. Closing all the space that left between them. She buried her head on his chest, forehead sweaty.

"Just sleep, okay? Remember I'm here."

"Sing me to sleep, love." Mark chuckled as a response.

"That'd definitely give you a nightmare, chubs." She lightly smacked Mark's arms.

"사랑하기 때문애."

A faint snore tickles his ear. He smiled, pulling the thick blanket that covered half of her fragile figure.

"Sweet dreams, chubs. Let's dream of each other then.

A soft kiss landed on her pinkish cheek. He closed his eyes, drifting into the dreamland.

Taeil, Jaemin and Winwin were busy in the ward, currently cleaning all the clinical stuff, spilled chemical liquid, arranging all the wires back to the old places.

"Wah, this is tiring."

Jaemin chuckled at Winwin's statement. A paper suddenly appeared on the bed where Younghee placed.

"What is this?"

He took the yellow paper, there were some words were written on it. Jaemin read it out loud on purpose.

"You may not know me, but I do know you. Be careful babies, there's a lot more surpsrises will come to you."

Jaemin put the paper down, his head was spinning by only reading those few unimportant words.

Probably coming from the infamous monster.

"This monster or whatever he is, ruining our main mission with The Boyz." Taeil snickered, continued to close the big window behind him.

"There is maybe a reason why he did this, like suddenly attacking Younghee when we are about to attack her own father."

Winwin took the paper, bringing it into the hidden room of the ward. The room is almot the same as a scientist room, but more complicated and secretive. 

Right after Winwin pushed the grey button on the computer's keyboard, a cupboard full of lab's equipments slide automatically. It reveals the room that only specific people could go through.

The laboratory hits different because it's a special place where the forensic expert worked, and the hidden forensic expert in NCT are Xiaojun, Winwin, Jaemin and Doyoung.

"Call Doyoung for me, he's better in this."

"Are you trying to find the identity behind the fingerprint ?" Taeil asked as he dialed Doyoung's number.

"Yeah, this time we should use this lab. We wished for forensic lab last time so why not busy ourselves with our newly added feature."

Jaemin stopped for a second before he finally remembered what was the thing he about to say. The bed sheet from the incident last week was still not changed or washed.

"Taeil, is Younghee's room beside Taeyong's?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'll take the bedsheet. Make sure to let the computer stay logged in, it'd be hard if the files didn't downloaded fully."

With that, the forensic team was hella busy in the lab, one more step further and NCT could win all over their rivals.