XLV

In the warm silence, someone really needs to ruin it. Mark cursed his brain out all way to his own room, not caring the condition of his sleeping soulmate on the couch in the living room.

Lucas spotted him. As he was about to approach the shorter male, someone's stopped him from moving out from his spot.

"Lucas, no. You don't want to be the victim of his mad state, right?"

Haechan's wise statement really made the gigantic male freeze fully on where he was standing. Lucas then left the kitchen to check on Younghee.

"Hey Younghee."

Younghee who was scrolling through her phone looked up, showing her perfectly arranged teeth.

"Hey Xuxi."

He took a spot beside her, playing with Yong on her lap. "Is our Yongie getting fatter?"

His giggle made Younghee laughed, she hit his arm lightly. Lucas then stopped playing and went into a serious mode where Younghee turned clueless.

"I think you should talk to him."

"But, I am scared. I'm trying to be happy and positive now cause our mind are basically connected to each other."

Lucas shrugged, playing with her hair. Minutes were spent with Yongie when the leaders and some of the members finally came back from the mission.

Jaehyun was the first one to come near Younghee, softly caressing her dark locks. How stupid Younghee was to fall for the bare minimum he did.

"Jaehyun, I'm fine."

"I know, I was just scared if Mark did anything to you."

"You don't trust him as my soulmate?"

Her question successfully made the male and the others around them went silent, and surely confused.

Jaehyun didn't say a word, he hugged her instead. That action was clearly not wrong, but the feeling was totally against the world's rule.

She could feel his heartbeat, his cries and his muffled words.

"I'm sorry Younghee... I'm sorry for being like this..."

Younghee caressed his hair back, letting out some reassurance words. The scene was making the leader shut his eyes close. Sucking his breath, he pulled Jaehyun off her rather slowly.

"You are hopeless, she's someone's soulmate Jaehyun."

Jaehyun looked up into her eyes, holding her face close to him. He closed his eyes one more time, ready to whisper sweet nothings into her ear.

"If only you knew, I've fallen for you since the first time my eyes laid on you."

Younghee stopped breathing, now her heart was filled with sadness. Jaehyun was the one who helped her go through many things before she found out the true identity of her soulmate.

But her feelings towards him weren't the same. He kissed her forehead, standing up and looking at her smiling with his dimples on his face.

"I know you don't love me, I can't love you. We both couldn't and your feelings are not for me. But remember, if he mistreats you or hurt you, I'll be the first one to hear all your problems. You can count on me."

With those remarkable words, he left her with the others at the living room with a heavy heart. Little did he knew, her eyes were teary after those words were spoken.

He was watching her actions for almost a day from afar. Thankfully, no actions or attacks were launched. He could see the situation that happened between the mafia gang and the girl that he've been watching.

"What a lame storyline, he should've steal her from Minhyung."

The man jumped into the second floor of the house, aware of the sounds and people around.

He then barged into Younghee's room, making sure it was safe enough for him to put the traumatic things on her makeup table across the bed.

"You should know that you are not for this cruel world, you and your mother's fate are the same."

He took the frame of her smiling with her mother. Unknowingly, he smiled looking at the girl along with the older woman beside her.

"Lim Eunjae, the woman I always adore and admire... my soulmate... but this freaking monster had to ruin us."

He held his tears from running down on his cheek. Younghee resembles Eunjae a lot, it was his mistake for trying to kill her before.

"Cho Younghee, only if you knew the true story behind your so called happy family. You too would be very upset."

Wasting much time at the big mansion, he left with no words. He looked into the thing one last time, his smile is still growing.

"I, Park Jeongsu, will promise to myself that no one can hurt you anymore Younghee. I will never let anyone to hurt you like I did."