Chapter 50: Beautiful Chaos

B E A U T I F U L    C H A O S

———

I wish we could bottle up memories. Not because I would like to open them up and see them again, but because I want to crush them. That way, no memories, no pain, nothing to miss.
~~~

Mal's POV

*a month later*

I groaned in my sleep as I felt something poking at my cheek.

"Psst..." what the hell? I moved a little to correct my position and fall into deeper sleep. Then again,"Psst..." Okay. This is not good. I grabbed my wand from under my pillow and raised it to whoever it was interrupting my sleep.

"Petrifi-- Damn it Draco! What the hell?" I shoved him and turned to look at my clock, "it's 4 AM. You do realize this is Sunday, and a day for sleep and recuperation? So if you don't mind..." I threw my head back on the pillow and pretended to snore.

"Psst... Kitty." Draco poked my cheek again and I covered his face with my hand multiple times. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find the snooze button." I groaned.

"Kittyyyy..." he protested and I yelled into my pillow and got up.

"What do you want?" I grumbled and pointed my wand at the light switch on the wall for it to turn on.

"Do you still love me?" He propped himself up on his elbow.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes with my hands. I know you did not wake me up to ask me this.

"Do you?" He insisted.

"We have been dating for almost three years." I pointed out the obvious.

"That does not answer my question." He pouted a little, sticking out his bottom lip and furrowing his eyebrows. If I wasn't so irritated I might just point out how adorable you look right now.

"We are sleeping in the same bed. Every night." I pointed out.

"Still the question wavers in the air." He whistled and made a paper crane float in the air.

"Yes. I do. Alright? Can we go back to sleep now?" I tried to drag him back down to lie next to me but he refused.

"So you're not tired of me?"

"Right now I am." I muttered. He raised his eyebrows questionably and I hurried to continue, "No. I am not. I might however end up in Azkaban charged with homicide someday if you ever do this again."

"Sorry. I love you." He peck kissed me quickly and pulled me in by my waist to spoon me.

"Cuddling?" I asked him.

"Cuddling." He confirmed and I laughed softly as he draped his leg over mine.

"And you question if I love you." I mumbled and drifted off to sleep quickly again, feeling his body on mine.

I needed another one of these nights. That's all I'm asking for. A couple more nights where everything is perfect. Or even just one more. One more night to appreciate everything before it all goes to shit.

Please vote if you liked it! Thank you :)