41

Please vote and comment. Thank you.

Ophelia's pov
"Mama." I said as I saw her standing by her car. I ran to her, hugging her harshly. She laughed as she hugged back.

"How are you darling?"

"Exhausted." I responded and saw Erich's guards putting my suitcases in their trucks. I looked at Erich.

"I'm going to go with my mom." I said and Erich frowned. I went up to him, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Take Nikolai back home and put him to sleep, he was up for like 5 hours during that flight." I said and Erich grabbed my waist, kissing me harshly on the lips. I pulled away, while he caressed my jaw.

"I love you." He whispered and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too." I said and kissed his cheek. I walked back to my mom, and got into the car with her.

"Sweetheart we have to talk about your father." She said while driving away. She got on the highway, and our journey back to her apartment was starting.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Ophelia your father is on life support." She said and my eyes went wide.

"W-What?"

"It was Anastasia's idea. I got a subpoena for his will, and read this." She said and handed me the paper. I skimmed through it, and my eyes went wide.

'All of my belongings, money, my company, and my savings must go to my daughter and ex wife, Ophelia and Samantha Morales. I don't want anything going to Anastasia Kolakowski. I want my daughter to take care of my company and keep it alive. I want Anastasia to move out of my home and move Ophelia and her mother in, as I know Samantha's apartment is not well in its current state. Also, I want my ex-wife and daughter to decide what happens with me, NOT Anastasia.'

"Holy shit" I whispered as I read it over.

"He didn't leave Anastasia anything?"

"Not a single dime." She said and I sighed.

"Is she taking us to court?"

"She doesn't have the money too." She said and I laughed.

"Keep up the company? What about my college? I can't do this."

"You have to, for his legacy." She said.

"How about you?"

"What about me?"

"You do it mom. Let me finish college."

"I can't run a company."

"Then talk to fathers business friends and his workers. I bet they'll explain to you everything." I said and we pulled into the hospital. We got out, and my mom held onto my hand as we walked to the section of the hospital.

"Dad..?" I whispered as I walked into his room, and nearly fainted.

His skin was pale, his entire body still. He could barely move his head, as it caused him pain.

"O-Ophelia." My dad croaked out. I wiped a tear as I walked over to him, and sat down.

"Hi dad." I whispered as I stared at him. He looked at me, and smiled.

"You look amazing today." He complimented me. I looked at my mom, and she nodded and left the room. 

"Dad, I read your will. Are you sure that you mean all of that? You don't want to give anything to Anastasia?" I asked.

"Yes, I want all my assets, including my company, to go to you." He said and put his hand on my mine.