42

Please vote and comment! Hope you all enjoy this chapter loves♥︎

Ophelia's pov
I watched as they slowly lowered my father into the ground, wiping my tears. Erich wrapped his hands around me. I saw my mother, who was just staring at her shoes. My mother went up to the podium.

"Thank you everyone for coming, I hope you all will remember John forever in your hearts." She said and slowly went down. A bunch of people came up to us, saying their 'sorry's. I honestly didn't care, but I wanted to get out of here because looking at his casket made me burst out crying.

"Let's go." Erich said and I nodded. We slowly walked to our car, and Erich looked at my mother.

"I think you should come with me and Ophelia." Erich said, and I didn't even respond. We all got in, and I stared out the window, tears falling.

"My apartment is closer, just drive there." My mother said, and I wiped my tears.

"As much as we should mourn John's death, we have to talk about his company." Erich said, and I sighed.

"Okay." I whispered and we quickly pulled into her complex. We walked in, and I exhaled.

Erich's pov
"Ophelia baby, why don't you go take a nap?" I said and she nodded. I kissed her forehead, and she went into her room. I walked into the kitchen with Samantha, leaning against the counter.

"Tea? Coffee?" She asked and I sighed.

"Coffee. Black with two teaspoons of sugar." I said and she nodded. She started boiling the water.

"About John's company, I think you should take it." Samantha said, and my eyes went wide.

"Huh?"

"I don't know how the hell to run his business."

"Samantha." I said and she looked at me.

"Ophelia is currently studying in college, and doesn't have time for his company. Why don't you take it over?"

"I don't know how it works."

"My company will help you, and I'll help you personally." I said and and exhaled.

"Also, please move into Johnathan's home."

"Why? What's wrong with this place?"

"It's stingy. Johnathan's personal will said for you to admit it. Just please, do it, at least do it for Ophelia." I said and she sighed.

"Fine! I'll take over his company and move into his house." She said and I smiled.

"Great. Trust me, you won't regret it. How's Anastasia?" I asked and she sighed.

"She's pissed, and I recently found out that she signed a prenup, so she can't even argue with his will."

"I cannot believe he gave everything to Ophelia and you."

"Mostly to Ophelia. His net worth is around 100 billion dollars, so he explained that he wanted us to split that money up. Plus, his company grows everyday." She explained and I nodded.

"What's your net worth?" She asked and I sighed.

"Let's see, I think around 25 billion? It skyrocketed after our first launch went out."

"Really?"

"Yes, It's an honor."

"Are you leaving everything to Nikolai?" She asked and I sighed.

"Most likely, and I also want to leave some money for Ophelia." I said while Samantha handed me the coffee, which was a deep black color.

"I didn't want to get the sugar ratio mistaken, so here." She said and handed me a spoon with a bowl of sugar. I chuckled as I added in two teaspoons.

"Thank you, Samantha."

"No problem, Erich." She said and winked at me. We sat in a comfortable silence for awhile, just drinking.

"How's Nikolai?" She asked a few minutes later.

"Great, ever since Ophelia came back yesterday he's been so happy." I said and Samantha put her tea down.

"Do you want to marry her?" She asked, and I choked on my coffee.

"M-Marriage?"

"Yes, Marriage."

"Uhm, I mean I haven't thought about it." I lied and she looked at me with a 'bullshit' look. I sighed.

"I think about marrying her every damn day and I want her to be Nikolai's stepmom." I answered honestly, and Samantha started to squeal.

"REALLY?! You should SO propose!" She exclaimed, and I laughed.

"I think Ophelia wants to just focus on her career, not about a marriage and babies. Plus, We're totally fine where we are now." I said and she sighed.

"I understand, also I wouldn't mind being Niko's step grandmother, he is truly the cutest thing I've ever seen." She gushed, and I laughed even harder.

"It's because he looks like me." I said and winked at her. She smiled.

"Do you have um, contact with Cindy?"

"No, but she does call everyday."

"She hasn't taken you to court?"

"Surprisingly, no." I said and tipped the coffee cup into my mouth, all the coffee going. She grabbed my cup, putting it in the sink.

"Would you like more?"

"No thank you, Ophelia and I have to go back home, as she starts college tomorrow."

"Ah yes! How is she doing?"

"Well she's been very unmotivated because of her fathers death, which was normal, but I think now that he's buried and finally down, she'll slowly get back into her routine." I explained, and Ophelia came back into the room, rubbing her eyes.

"Do you want to go home baby?" I asked and Ophelia nodded. She put on her heels, and walked up to her mother, kissing her cheek.

"I'll call you tomorrow."

"Of course." She said and gave me her number.

"Next time your free, call me, so we can go over the company."

"Okay, goodbye." I said and kissed her cheek. Ophelia and I walked out, and got into my car. I grabbed her hand, kissing her knuckles.

"How are you babygirl?" I asked her, and she smiled.

"I...I think I'm okay." She responded and I kissed her forehead, before starting the car.

A/N
MWAH! Hope you all enjoyed! Have a lovely weekend, ily all-Julia♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

ALSO THANK YOU ALL FOR 15K ON THIS BOOK? LIKE WHAT? IT'S GROWING SO FAST!