Chapter 9

At the sudden change in topic, Tong Yan was confused, “Huh?”

His eyelashes were still wet, his pretty eyes covered by a light layer of tears, a bit silly and undeniably cute. Zhuo Xiang Ming helped him wipe away his tears: “If your pheromones aren’t firmly covered up, with your current lack of control, something dangerous might happen.”

    Tong Yan stuttered: “I-it came out?”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming nodded, and leaned a little closer, after sniffing again, he said, “It smells a little like cape jasmine.”

   After saying this, he immediately glanced at Tong Yan’s expression.

    In fact, this sentence wasn’t very polite. Evaluating other people’s pheromone scent unprovoked, whether it was to compliment it or belittle it, was generally considered rude and offensive.

    Originally, Zhuo Xiang Ming wasn’t the type of person to make such a low-level social faux pas, but holding a crying child in his arms, and smelling that sweet scent, this sentence naturally slipped out.

    Fortunately, Tong Yan’s attention was elsewhere: “I didn’t know … cape jasmine?”

    After his sex gland recovered to the point where it could secrete pheromones normally, he himself had smelled it many times, but he could only describe it as some kind of aroma, he didn’t know the specific words.

    “Cape jasmine isn’t very common in Jiangdu.” Zhuo Xiang Ming said, “The cities a little south have a lot.”

    “Oh–hic!”

    He’d hiccupped as soon as he spoke, this time, Tong Yan really felt ashamed, his ears and neck reddening. He got down from on top of Zhuo Xiang Ming, too embarrassed to look him in the face. He could only bow his head and look for his slippers while saying: “I’m going to take a bath.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming also got up: “Remember to call my Mom after you bathe.”

    Tong Yan turned around, a little puzzled, so Zhuo Xiang Ming picked up his cell phone that was flung off the bed and showed him the screen: “While you were crying just now, she called you.”

    “You saw it? Why didn’t you tell me?” Tong Yan said unreasonably as he took the cell phone and looked at the two missed calls.

    Zhuo Xiang Ming had barely finished coaxing him, and he’d already developed an unconscious sense of boldness. But the scapegoat, for Tong Yan, was always insincere. He thought he was being very fierce, but in Zhuo Xiang Ming’s eyes, he was no different from a kitten waving its claws. Even more, he was a kitten that had just had its nails trimmed.

    Zhuo Xiang Ming’s solemn expression remained: “I was worried my mother would think I was bullying you if you picked up with red eyes.”

    Why does he keep mentioning that he’d just cried? Tong Yan shoved the phone back into Zhuo Xiang Ming’s hands and indignantly stomped into the bathroom.

    When he came out, Zhuo Xiang Ming had already left, but before he left, he’d closed the windows, pulled the curtains, turned on the lights and the heating for him. He once again thought, Brother Zhuo Xiang Ming was really nice.

    After crying for a little while, his emotions had quickly disappeared. Whether it was the sadness over leaving home or the embarrassment of losing control in front of Zhuo Xiang Ming, they were all evaporated along with the hot water, leaving only some drowsiness.

    Tong Yan blow dried his hair and walked towards the bed, looking at the empty schoolbag on the nightstand, his eyes were still a little blurry, he finally decided to call Lin Yue Hua before tidying up.