Chapter 23

Tong Yan’s clenched fist slowly released under Zhuo Xiang Ming’s hold, and his soft fingertips pressed against Zhuo Xiang Ming’s palm: “Then, you now …”

    The teenager’s fair cheeks had turned red, the result of getting angry on Zhuo Xiang Ming’s behalf.

    “I’m not finished explaining. He got angry at me, but actually, I also wasn’t very kind to him. He tore my notebook, and I pushed down his celebration cake … My personality at that time wasn’t much better than Zhuo Jia Shuo’s.” Zhuo Xiang Ming smiled and said in a relaxed tone, “And like I said, this happened many years ago.”

    Tong Yan wasn’t convinced: “Really?”

    He smiled at Tong Yan: “You cried after arguing with your big brother on Thursday night, but didn’t you feel better less than two hours later?”

    Tong Yan was most afraid of Zhuo Xiang Ming brining up his crying: “That’s because I was too angry, got it?”

    He turned his head away, thinking it looked natural, but actually, it was a very stiff way to end the dialogue.

    The Zhou family house was getting closer, and the dazed Tong Yan suddenly remembered: “Brother, is Zhuo Jia Shuo home today?”

    “I don’t know.” Zhuo Xiang Ming tapped the steering wheel with his index finger a few times, “It’s Saturday, so he should be, but I didn’t think to ask. What’s wrong?”

    Tong Yan said anxiously, “Nothing.”

    He wasn’t sure if it was a secret that Zhuo Jia Shuo was dating Tong Yang, and recently, he didn’t dare bring it up to Zhuo Xiang Ming. Last time, when he had dinner with Tong Yang, he was too busy quarreling to think about asking.

    Moreover, Tong Yan was naturally on Zhuo Xiang Ming’s side. He suddenly heard about the terrible thing Zhuo Jia Shuo did in his childhood, and his mood was now mixed, he didn’t know how he should face him.

    But this problem didn’t confuse Tong Yan for too long, because Zhuo Jia Shuo opened the door for them. This time, he was very well-behaved, he didn’t provoke Tong Yan, just obediently calling out to Zhuo Xiang Ming: “Brother, you’re back.”

     “Yeah.” Zhuo Xiang Ming said, “Tong Tong was just asking after you.”

    Zhuo Jia Shuo blinked: “Me? Whatever for?”

    Tong Yan changed his shoes and straightened up, “Asking if you’re home or not.”

    Behind Zhuo Xiang Ming, Zhuo Jia Shuo glanced at him warningly, but Tong Yan wasn’t afraid of him. He ran ahead and sat on the sofa next to Zhuo Xiang Ming.

    Lin Yue Hua was busy watching the pot, she called out a greeting to them from the kitchen, but didn’t come out.

    A few minutes later, Zhuo Jia Shuo tried to find an excuse to call Tong Yan aside: “Come here, I want to show you something.”

    Tong Yan was alert: “Show me what?”

    Zhuo Jia Shuo stood in front of him, hands on his hips: “Won’t you know if you see it?”

    Tong Yan didn’t humor him: “Tell me first.”

    Zhuo Jia Shuo said to Zhuo Xiang Ming, gloomy: “Can I eat him?”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming: “You’re a grown adult, don’t always make fun of him.”

    Zhuo Jia Shuo reluctantly sat down next to Tong Yan, but Zhuo Xiang Ming was soon called to the kitchen to taste something by Lin Yue Hua. Tong Yan moved to follow him, but was forcefully dragged back by Zhuo Jia Shuo: “I’d like a word with you!”