Chapter 43

”You should buy an aircraft.” Zhuo Jia Shuo said, “Isn’t it popular with kids these days? You don’t want one?”

  Tong Yan closed the folder, rubbing his fingertips on the sharp corners. After a while, he asked: “I’m always home, why would I need one?”

  Zhuo Jia Shuo: “To play, duh.”

  ”Why on earth do you care about my playing?” Tong Yan turned to look at him, “And what’s bad about holding back?”

  Zhuo Jia Shuo’s expression stiffened: “Why are you speaking like that?”

  After reading that thing, Tong Yan really wasn’t in the mood to chat.

  But when he closed his eyes and sunk into the seat, he still couldn’t help but think about it.

  The framework of the proposal should’ve been made by a subordinate, but Zhuo Xiang Ming really did review it seriously. There was his signature on it, and some suggestions written in small print. Approve or reject, the more densely packed was the future, thinking about it, Tong Yan’s head hurt.

  Zhuo Jia Shuo probably thought that Tong Yan was asleep. He didn’t speak again, and even turned off the music. When they arrived at the house, he finally called him: “Tong Yan, we’re here.”

  Tong Yan opened his eyes, groaned, then shoved the folder in his arms into his bag and shifted to get out of the vehicle.

  ”Wait.” Zhuo Jia Shuo spoke again. He fished out a square card made out of diamond crystal, hung on a key ring, and handed it to Tong Yan, “The aircraft should be delivered tonight, they’ll park it on your roof.”

  ”…” Tong Yan stared blankly, then took it, saying, “Thank you …”

  Zhuo Jia Shuo said coolly: “It’s nothing.”

  ”Why are you suddenly giving me a gift?”

  Zhuo Jia Shuo: “It’s not completely my present, mom put up half.”

  Tong Yan once again said: “Thank you and Auntie.”

  ”Oh?” Zhuo Jia Shuo raised an eyebrow.

  Tong Yan also knew that he’d called out the wrong address, waving his hand, he said, “I know.”

  Lin Yue Hua and Zhuo ZhengDe were both home. They’d lit up the fireplace, although it was smoke-less, the room still had a slight woodsy scent.

  ”Tong Tong is here.” Lin Yue Hua smiled and walked over, leading Tong Yan to the table where she was drinking tea with Zhuo ZhengDe. She poured him a cup, “Just brewed, drink it to warm the body.”

  ”Thanks, Mom.” Tong Yan said.

  Lin Yue Hua smiled even more cheerfully, saying, “Xiang Ming too, he goes to work by himself with no concern for your vacation, letting you stay home alone.”

  Tong Yan: “He’s concerned about me, he sometimes comes back for lunch, and I can always go see him.”

“That’s good.” Lin Yue Hua said, “It’s good to spend time together. He’s like a block of wood, I hope you don’t feel bored.”

  Lin Yue Hua always spoke like this in order to express her closeness to Tong Yan, but this time, Tong Yan suddenly felt like he couldn’t listen to it. But in the end, he had a good upbringing, so he didn’t talk back to his elders. Plus, Lin Yue Hua wasn’t sincerely bad-mouthing Zhuo Xiang Ming, Tong Yan drank two mouthfuls of tea, and finally said, “Actually, he can also tell jokes, which is very different from a block of wood.”