Chapter 39

On Friday night, Tong Yan went home, telling Zhuo Xiang Ming in advance that he would inform Tong Li Qin about the two of them. Zhuo Xiang Ming originally said that he would accompany him, but Tong Yan felt a little embarrassed and wouldn’t let him.

  The two were loath to part at the villa’s gate. Finally, Tong Yan recovered some rationality and pushed Zhuo Xiang Ming away, panting while saying goodbye to him: “If you kiss me again, my dad might come out and see us.”

  Zhuo Xiang Ming’s eyes were very deep, he hummed quietly, wiping his damp lips with the back of his hand.

  While at home, he thought very clearly, but when he was finally in front of Tong Li Qin, Tong Yan couldn’t open his mouth.

  Why didn’t Tong Li Qin mention Zhuo Xiang Ming? Didn’t he bring him up several times last week? Why ignore him today?

  Tong Yan was antsy.

  After dinner, the father and son had nothing to talk about, and it was too early to return to their rooms, so they watched TV in the living room.

  When they switched on the TV, the human x AI love drama Tong Yang was watching was playing, and it was at the most melodramatic point: The human gave up a lot and decided to wholeheartedly be together with the AI, but the AI accidentally lost a section of his database, not only forgetting the love between him and the human, he also fell in love with another engineer who helped him restore his database, the forgotten lover was disheartened, deciding to end their life.

  Tong Li Qin sighed with emotion: “Talk about a desperate love.”

  Tong Yan didn’t let any chance slip by: “Dad, in fact, I’m also in a relationship.”

  ”Hmm.” Tong Li Qin almost spurted out his tea, “What? When? With whom?”

  Tong Yan said in a quiet voice, “That, um, I’ve been dating … for some time, Z-Zhuo Xiang Ming.”

  Tong Li Qin opened his mouth slightly, but couldn’t respond.

  One minute ago, he was still worried about Tong Yan’s very painful unrequited love, and the next minute, he was angry at Zhuo Xiang Ming for disrespecting the agreement and cradle robbing.

  A storm inside his brain, nonchalant on the surface.

  Tong Li Qin asked Tong Yan as calmly and rationally as possible: “For some time … why didn’t you tell Dad? Y-you’re together, but he goes to work, and you go to school, how did it happen?”

  Tong Yan pursed his lips, saying truthfully: “I wanted to cultivate our feelings first, then tell you, um … about that, there’s a lot of free time after school, it’s e-enough.”

  The words “for some time” and “cultivate feelings” echoed in Tong Li Qin’s mind. Looking at his tender, flower bud-like small son in front of him, he thought about him living under the same roof with a nearly thirty-year-old alpha, dating, even “for some time”. Tong Yan seemed to have a soft, unlikely to reject someone appearance… How did he cultivate feelings?

  Was Zhuo Xiang Ming really human?

  ”Dad?” Seeing Tong Li Qin’s cloudy expression, Tong Yan was a little uncertain, “Are you angry?”

  Tong Li Qin subconsciously said: “No, of course not.”

  Tong Yan was immediately relieved: “Great, I was afraid you’d get angry. Then I’ll head up first, good night Dad.”

  ”Tong Tong.” Tong Li Qin called out to him, “Come here.”

  Tong Yan sat back down: “What’s up?”