Chapter 28

When Zhuo Xiang Ming arrived home, Tong Yan had already woken up. He wasn’t in his bedroom, nor in the downstairs living room. The cleaning robot informed Zhuo Xiang Ming that he was in the walk-in-closet.

    The walk-in-closet and Tong Yan’s bedroom were respectively on both sides of the corridor. When Zhuo Xiang Ming first moved in, his original plan was to make a separate bathroom for guests, but the room was twice as large as a standard bathroom, and it also had a beveled glass window. The daytime lighting was very good, and the concealment was lacking, it wasn’t suitable for a bathroom. So, the room had been empty forever.

    After Tong Yan moved in, Zhuo Xiang Ming turned it into a walk-in-closet for Tong Yan, vetting many carpenters.

    One-person tall, multi-layered small drawers and four wardrobes, as well as shelves for shoes and bags. All were handmade by a master craftsman, and equipped with dressing mirrors. Coupled with ventilation, it took a lot of effort, and was only finished a few days ago.

    Tong Yan had his back to the door, sitting cross-legged in the middle of a pile of shopping bags. His upper body was tilted, his head leaning on the floor-standing dressing mirror next to him. He hadn’t started tidying up yet, lost in his thoughts.

    The mid-afternoon sun wasn’t so hot or blinding, it was warm and cozy. Tong Yan wore a thin navy-blue sweater, dark gray sweatpants, and no slippers, instead, he wore thick wool socks. His hair looked even fluffier in the sunlight coming in through the window, like a small tranquil animal, harmless to humans, no one could have the heart to bully him.

    The walk-in-closet’s door wasn’t closed, it was almost wide open. Zhuo Xiang Ming walked over and immediately saw this scene.

    It felt strange, as if, by only looking at the back view, he could fully imagine Tong Yan’s freshly awoken expression, the one that made his heart melt.

    A few beats later, Tong Yan looked back, and found Zhuo Xiang Ming standing behind him. With a soft smile, he said: “You’re back.”

    “Yeah.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming walked towards him and sat cross-legged on the ground, similar to Tong Yan, but because of his tailored suit, he couldn’t slump like Tong Yan. Instead, his back was straighter than when he was standing.

    Their knees were next to each other, and Tong Yan changed his direction of tilting, his head now resting on Zhuo Xiang Ming’s chest.

    “Uggghh …” Tong Yan let out a long groan.

    Zhuo Xiang Ming caressed his face: “What’s wrong?”

    “It’s too much.” Tong Yan was distressed, “I don’t know where to start.”

    He moved his leg, bumping into a row of shopping bags. There were some that had fallen out of their packaging, but the quantity was too small, ignorable.

    Some of these were purchased by Lin Yue Hua before the marriage, but most of them were bought last weekend when Lin Yue Hua took Tong Yan shopping. After leaving the Zhou family house, Tong Yan was busy with the sports meet and the subsequent mid-term exams, so he couldn’t find time to tidy up. He’d piled them up in the finally completed, handy walk-in-closet.

    But they couldn’t just stay piled up forever, they needed to be put away.

    He took the initiative to climb into Zhuo Xiang Ming’s arms, after sitting down, he clung to Zhuo Xiang Ming’s neck. Zhuo Xiang Ming hugged him, loosely wrapping his arms around him, completely willing to enjoy a lovey-dovey moment with Tong Yan. He said calmly: “If you don’t start soon, the sun is going to set.”