Chapter 32

”Eh …” Chai ManMan said, “You might have a misunderstanding about long distance relationships.”

  Tong Yan listlessly continued to memorize argumentative essay snippets, and Chai ManMan said, “Well, if your alpha isn’t home, can’t you stay in the school dorm at night?”

  This was a problem, Tong Yan put down his book and began to think.

  Chai ManMan continued, “If you stay in the dorm, we can have dinner together today. It just so happens that you haven’t participated in our group activities yet.”

  That morning, Zhuo Xiang Ming had asked him if he was going to Lin Yue Hua’s home or his dad’s home. Tong Yan couldn’t decide on the spot. If he went back to his family home, Tong Li Qin and Tong Yang were away often, so it would be no different than living in his and Zhuo Xiang Ming’s home, and Zhuo Xiang Ming would still worry. But, going to Lin Yue Hua’s home, without Zhuo Xiang Ming to accompany him, felt a little awkward.

  Now, his classmate Chai ManMan provided a new option, Tong Yan said: “Hmm, living in the dorm…I’ll do it.”

  He pulled out his phone to text the news to Zhuo Xiang Ming, but he was probably very busy, because he didn’t reply.

  During lunch break, Tong Yan had just brushed his teeth and reclined on the bed when Zhuo Xiang Ming sent a video call request. He picked up his headphones from the foot of the bed and put it on, Zhuo Xiang Ming’s face appearing on the screen: “Tong Tong.”

  Tong Yan beamed: “Brother.”

  Zhuo Xiang Ming asked: “Are you going to sleep?”

  Tong Yan: “Not yet.”

  Zhuo Xiang Ming was in an office, behind him was a file cabinet. He was meticulously dressed in a suit. Tong Yan also sat up, seating against the wall and hugging his knees, arranging his somewhat messy hair in front of the webcam.

  Zhuo Xiang Ming: “Are your roommates there?”

  Tong Yan: “One is here, the other two haven’t come back. The lunch break bell will ring in about eighteen minutes.”

  ”Ok, what did you eat for lunch?” Zhuo Xiang Ming asked.

  Tong Yan: “Some fish, spinach, corn, rice, and a bowl of soup.”

  ”Okay.” Zhuo Xiang Ming said again.

  He didn’t seem to have much to talk about, in fact, Tong Yan also didn’t have much to say, but he didn’t want to hang up.

  The morning separation was very rushed, so all morning, he only thought about Zhuo Xiang Ming.

  If he was the only one in the dormitory, Tong Yan would definitely tell Zhuo Xiang Ming this fact, but with his classmate present, he could only rest his chin on his knee, silently looking at Zhuo Xiang Ming.

  ”Oh right.” Tong Yan finally thought of something, “I’m staying in the dorm tonight, did you see my message?”

  ”I just saw it. I’ve been in a meeting all morning; I didn’t bring my cell phone.” Zhuo Xiang Ming said.

  Tong Yan had guessed this, saying, “You’ve worked hard.”

  Zhuo Xiang Ming asked: “You’ll stay in the school tonight, but what about tomorrow?”

  Tong Yan thought for a moment, then said, “I don’t know … I’ll figure it out tomorrow.”

  ”Do you have everything you need at school? Is it inconvenient?” Zhuo Xiang Ming habitually tapped the table with his index finger, saying, “Don’t be afraid to go home, someone will pick you up. Plus, my mom has some free time recently.”