Chapter 37

After waking up in the morning, Tong Yan laid in bed for a while, his eyes struggling to open.

  Xuan Gui came in and spun around his bedside: “Good morning, Sir said you should get up.”

  Before, Zhuo Xiang Ming always came to wake him up, Tong Yan rolled up the quilt and turned over, asking, “Where’s Zhuo Xiang Ming?”

  Xuan Gui played a tune called “Radiant Morning” and said, “Preparing breakfast downstairs.”

  Tong Yan: “Isn’t that your job?”

  Xuan Gui: “More accurately, that’s the job of the housekeeping robot. I’m only responsible for issuing orders.”

  ”Oh….” Tong Yan said lazily, “Then why aren’t you issuing orders today? My good morning kiss is gone.”

  ”Sir said he would do it today.”

  It moved to the bedside and pulled open the curtains, Tong Yan immediately buried his face in his pillow: “Xuan Gui!”

  Xuan Gui was heartbroken: “Can’t you call me by my new name? Dudu is so much cuter ah.”

  Thinking about it, he realized that Zhuo Xiang Ming was certainly too ashamed to see him because of last night’s excessive behavior. Tong Yan turned over again, wondering if he was too expressively inexperienced while saying pitilessly: “You leave first, I want to get out of bed.”

  Xuan Gui asked doubtfully: “Is there a conflict?”

  Tong Yan said, as if it was commonsense: “I’m now somebody with a boyfriend. As the saying goes, when giving or receiving an item, men and robots should not touch each other. I’m a small boy in the prime of my youth, you’re an AI. Don’t you understand the principle behind “avoid doing anything that may arouse suspicion”?”

  Xuan Gui walked away broken-heartedly, but before it left, it still warned Tong Yan about the dangers of love brain syndrome: “Love brain really isn’t a good thing. Really, whether it’s in terms of career, studies or interpersonal relationships, all will be adversely affected. It has an especially significant impact on interpersonal relationships, for example, if you currently have love brain, your relationship with your butler robot could…”

  Towards its hint, Tong Yan asked: “Why haven’t you closed the door yet?”

  ”…” Xuan Gui said, “Ah, this feeling of heartbreak, surely it must be an illusion caused by my dying batteries.”

  Tong Yan was indeed very sleepy, he lazed around in bed for a while before getting up.

  He didn’t feel so good. If Zhuo Xiang Ming came to wake him up and saw how sleepy he was, at least he could enjoy a few gentle coaxes. The feeling of being kissed out of your quilt and crawling out by yourself shouldn’t differ so much. Tong Yan decided that next time, he should act a bit wild, or at least shouldn’t cry again, making Zhuo Xiang Ming overly cautious, underestimating him.

  After washing up, he first went to look over his homework, which showed a submission time of 2:46 AM.

  Zhuo Xiang Ming wrote very seriously, and his handwriting wasn’t as fancy as when he signed documents. He finished the Chinese and English papers according to Tong Yan’s writing habit, and wrote two summaries for chemistry and physics.

  He carried his schoolbag downstairs. Zhuo Xiang Ming was in the kitchen. Tong Yan put down the schoolbag and walked up to his side, silently standing next to the sink.

  ”Still sleepy?” Zhuo Xiang Ming was holding a ladle he had just tasted from, after asking this, he ladled some congee, blew on it, then fed it to Tong Yan, “How is it?”