Chapter 27

Zhuo Xiang Ming closed the office door, and Tong Yan couldn’t keep pretending that nothing had happened again. He turned around and entered the door in the middle of the office, the lounge.

    Before they got married, Zhuo Xiang Ming often used this lounge, even staying overnight numerous times. So, although the room was small, it was fully furnished. As soon as he entered the room, he could smell Zhuo Xiang Ming’s pheromones. Looking at the sleep mask and opened cigarette box scattered by the bedside, it looked more lived-in than the bedroom in the Zhuo family house.

    Tong Yan bowed his head and sat down on the edge of the bed. His legs still felt a little soft. His brain was chaotic, his breathing wasn’t very smooth, and his face was burning.

    As soon as Zhuo Xiang Ming tried to approach, Tong Yan raised his head and looked at him solemnly: “Don’t you have a meeting, why did you follow me?”

    “Then, will you wait for me here?” Zhuo Xiang Ming asked.

    Tong Yan hesitated: “I don’t know … I might go back soon.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming immediately said: “I’ll send you.”

    “No need.” His embarrassment dissipating some, Tong Yan still unconsciously touched his face, “I can call the driver over, or just take a taxi.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming didn’t respond, instead, he turned and left, then came back in with a glass of water, handing it to Tong Yan: “I wasn’t expecting you, so there’s nothing to eat, just drink some water for now.”

    Tong Yan hummed, and Zhuo Xiang Ming once again said, “Wait a while, I’ll send you.”

    He crouched in front of Tong Yan, kneeling on one knee, his arms resting on Tong Yan’s thighs. Looking up, he asked: “Are you angry?”

    “No.” The water was a little hot. After Tong Yan took a sip, he held the cup with both hands and touched the back of Zhuo Xiang Ming’s hand with the bottom of the cup. He smiled, asking Zhuo Xiang Ming: “Is it hot?”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming: “It’s not.”

    “Don’t look at me like that …” Tong Yan eventually said, soft, sulking, and sweet.

    He blushed again, he was really introverted, Zhuo Xiang Ming sighed in his heart.

    “I’m not angry.” This time, Tong Yan didn’t look away, saying in a barely audible voice, “It’s because, well, you did that so suddenly, my heart wasn’t prepared. I seem to be inexperienced at kissing … I bit you, sorry …”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming didn’t expect him to be troubled because of this. For a moment, the words of apology and self-reflection were stuck in his throat. The heart that had been still for many years was being held by this naïve boy, and was kneaded into an extremely soft state. At this moment, he felt that even if Tong Yan asked him for the stars and the moon, he’d do everything in his power to pick them for him.

    But Tong Yan didn’t want the stars, nor the moon, he seemed to want Zhuo Xiang Ming to leave, slightly apologetic: “The others should be getting anxious, you should go ah.”

    “Promise you won’t sneak away first.”

    After only being lovey-dovey for a few days, this boy couldn’t handle it and ran. After what just happened, Zhuo Xiang Ming felt that as soon as he left for the conference room, Ton Yan would run away to hide at the Tong family house.

    Tong Yan was embarrassed: “Sneak away? What …”

    “Can’t promise?” Zhuo Xiang Ming’s hand was covered by the cup he was holding, he must get an answer.