Chapter 22

Tong Yan’s school sports meet generally lasted five days, from Saturday to Wednesday, then Thursday and Friday were the mid-term exams.

    The first day was the opening ceremony, and the individual track and field competitions. The second day was for various ball games. The third day was archery, fencing and swimming. The fourth day’s highlight was the cheerleading competition, and weightlifting in the afternoon. All team events were scheduled for the last day, before the closing ceremony.

    Except for the individual track and field competitions on the 1st day, which took place in an open-air field, the events of the remaining four days took place in the gymnasium. In there, the pheromone complexity and concentration were relatively best controlled, so Tong Yan would join the sports competition on Sunday.

    On Saturday morning, before finishing breakfast, Zhuo Xiang Ming had to go out. Tong Yan saw him off, and Zhuo Xiang Ming said while tying his neck tie, “Stay by yourself for a while. I scheduled some soup to be made for you around 10 o’clock, remember to drink some. When I come back, let’s go to my mother’s for lunch.”

    Tong Yan nodded: “I’ll just study a bit.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming asked: “Do you have homework this week?”

    “No.” Tong Yan said, “It’s five days for the sports competition, and the next two days for exams. There’s no time to collect homework, and no time for the students to do it, so the teachers just told us to review.”

    “Good.” Zhuo Xiang Ming also thought this way was best, “Then, review seriously.”

    Tong Yan suddenly asked: “If I do well on my exams, can I get a reward?”

    This was really unexpected, Zhuo Xiang Ming smiled at him: “Is there something you want?”

    Tong Yan had no idea, and could only say: “It’s too insincere to ask me that directly.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming nodded good-naturedly: “That’s true.”

    He rubbed Tong Yan’s head: “There’s a prize, I’ll give it to you after the exam.” 

    When he opened the door to leave, Tong Yan again chased after him: “How high is considered a good score?”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming: “Higher than 603.”

    This score wasn’t too high for Tong Yan, but it also wasn’t low, after a year of absence from school, he couldn’t take the exams lightly.

    Tong Yan was filled with fighting spirit: “Deal.”

    He agreed, but Zhuo Xiang Ming didn’t continue walking out. He had already taken one step down the stairs, but he moved back, turning around to hold Tong Yan’s hand: “I’ll be back at 12. I’ll keep you company the rest of the afternoon.”

    He said this, as if he saw that Tong Yan was reluctant to part, and was trying to drag out his leaving.

    Tong Yan hurriedly pulled his hand away, and hid it behind his back: “Go on, I’m going back in.”

    After Zhuo Xiang Ming left, Tong Yan returned to the dining room and continued eating breakfast. Midway, he glanced at Zhuo Xiang Ming’s plate on the opposite side of the table, the fried eggs were sliced, the bread and milk were untouched, and so was the porridge.

    He sent a message to Zhuo Xiang Ming: Brother, remember to have your secretary order breakfast for you (> ▽ <)

    Zhuo Xiang Ming replied: Okay, thanks Tong Tong