Chapter 18

The atmosphere instantly turned awkward.

Lin Yue Hua’s public relations assistant straightforwardly logged out of the group video chat in self-preservation. The person in charge of bangbang also logged out a few seconds later, leaving only Lin Yue Hua on the French window screen.

    Before Tong Yan could react, she hurriedly tried to smooth things over: “What are you saying? It’s a good idea right now, what’s the point of bringing up such a distant matter?”

    “Tong Tong, don’t misunderstand, okay? This is just how your Brother Xiang Ming usually speaks. He always ruins the atmosphere, but he doesn’t mean anything by it. Don’t take it to heart.”

    Tong Yan said hurriedly: “I know Auntie … I know that brother is just thinking about me. He thinks that I’m too young, so he doesn’t want to drag me into these sorts of messy things.”

    Lin Yue Hua stared blankly. Tong Yan had long felt that his sweater and pajama bottoms combo was inappropriate. He couldn’t help but feel that he was being disrespectful to his elders, so he was a little embarrassed: “But although it’s just rumors, I don’t think it’s a good idea to let it run free. After all, if someone starts a rumor, there’ll always be someone to spread it. That…that photo …”

    Pausing, he glanced at the highlighted image on the shared screen again. He was wearing Zhuo Xiang Ming’s jacket, and it was even crooked. Zhuo Xiang Ming was carrying him, and his two arms were looped around Zhuo Xiang Ming’s neck. Looking at it now, the ambiguousness practically overflowed from the screen, why didn’t he notice it at that time?

    Thinking of this photo being released to prove that he and Zhuo Xiang Ming’s marriage was solid, and that there was no affair taking place, Tong Yan’s face burned even more, stumbling over his words, “I-if it will work, I don’t have a problem with it. Later, I can explain it to my dad and brother, um … It doesn’t matter what other people think, it has no effect on me.”

    “Plus, not everyone will necessarily recognize me. You know, these kinds of photos are just a novelty, they’ll immediately forget my face as soon as they turn around.”

    He was too caught up in his embarrassment, not noticing the meaningful look exchanged between Lin Yue Hua and Zhuo Xiang Ming.

    “I’ll take care of the next steps, just look out for anything you can help out with.” Zhuo Xiang Ming said.

    Zhuo Xiang Ming ended the call with Lin Yue Hua after that brief statement. Swiveling the ergonomic office chair, he pulled Tong Yan closer until he was next to his knees, then he touched Tong Yan’s face with the back of his hand.

    “!” Tong Yan flinched away, resembling a startled cat. “W-what are you …”

    “You’re blushing.” Zhuo Xiang Ming said.

    Tong Yan immediately denied: “I’m not!”

    “Oh?” Zhuo Xiang Ming raised an eyebrow, then stretched out his hand again, this time touching Tong Yan’s cheek with his palm, “So, why is this so red? It’s even hot to the touch.” He asked earnestly.

    Tong Yan said stubbornly: “It’s only a little red.”

    Zhuo Xiang Ming: “It’s very red.”

    He was really quite wicked, even stressing the word “very”.

    Tong Yan opened his mouth and attempted to defend himself, but it was futile.

    Zhuo Xiang Ming’s expression was as unperturbed as always. When he spoke, his upper body subconsciously leaned forward slightly, and his eyes looked at Tong Yan very earnestly. It really didn’t look like he was making fun of Tong Yan. He has never made fun of Tong Yan, every word he said was earnest, and that made Tong Yan feel even more ashamed and shy.