Childhood

You weren't like the other children. You'd much rather read then run around. It was a waste of energy to you. You liked calm things. You were always relaxed.

  Your twin sibling, Hinata Shoyo, was the opposite. He loved running around and sometimes forced you to play volleyball with him. Due to your gender you could never be his full setter. You always tossed it perfectly to him. Shoyo loved when you set to him.

  "Y/N! Help me with volleyball!" Shoyo yelled, jumping.

  "Shoyo, I wanna read. The stories are more fun." Your little voice rang. You saw his hand take yours and you saw his red string.

  "I don't care, you're throwing to me." Shoyo said, he didn't have a big vocabulary unlike you, a bookworm with a big vocabulary.

  "Its called toss or set." You corrected him and had a volleyball thrown at you, which you caught.

  "Whatever, set to me Y/N!" Shoyo yelled.

  You rolled your eyes and threw the ball at your brother, he messed up the recieve and you dived across the floor to keep it in the air long enough to set it. You scrapped your knee.

  You got up and noticed your bleeding knee and shrugged it off. You went for the volleyball and set it to him which he flunked at spiking.

  "Shoyo, you can't just ask me to set and mess up." You said, calm. You picked up the volleyball and handed it to him. "I'm gonna go read stories and take a nap."

  "But Y/N! You have to help me!" Shoyo whined, his small voice yelled.

  "Shoyo, I wanna read, get mommy to play with you." You said and scurried inside. You went to the living room and grabbed band-aids. You put it on your knee and grabbed a story book. You climbed up on the couch and began reading.

  This was your normal day. You never minded. The older you grew the better you got at practicing with Shoyo. You never wanted to play volleyball but you took it as a way to pass the time. Shoyo sometimes wanted you to try new sets which he always messed up at spiking.

  "Shoyo, its late, can we go to bed?" You asked, yawning.

  "One more throw! Please!" Shoyo said, begging.

  "Only one more then its bedtime." You said, going to set the volleyball.

  You jumped and tossed to him, he failed the spike and the ball rolled across the ground.

  "I'm going to bed now." You mumbled, going back inside. Shoyo whined but went inside aswell. You both climbed into bed. You turned on the nightlight and got into bed. You snuggled into your stuffed animals and fell asleep.

  When it was bedtime it always took Shoyo forever to get to sleep. It didn't take you long at all. The moment you wanted to sleep you could. You were good with controlling your feelings.

  It was the next morning and Shoyo always woke you up, wanting to try volleyball. You always said you were hungry and declined so he made you eat so you could play.

  "Why are you so obsessed with volleyball?" You asked.

  "What does obsessed mean?" Shoyo asked, tilting his head.

  "Liking something or someone to the point its weird." You said and your brother gasped.

  "I like volleyball a normal amount!" Shoyo shouted and crossed his little arms.

  "For an overly hyper volleyball player." You said, your childish voice sounding bored.

  "Hey! That's mean!" Shoyo pouted.

  "I'm not wrong." You said, going to grab a book.

  Shoyo grabbed your wrist and pulled you where you both would usually practice.

  "Shoyo, I'm hungry. We need breakfast first." You whined, trying to pull him back inside.

  "Fine, only breakfast first though." Shoyo finally complied.

  "Yay! Let's eat." You smiled, going inside with Shoyo.

(A/N: First chapter of a new book. 😎 Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Please tell me if there's mistakes.)