𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

ALL CITIZENS OF MOS PELGO gathered inside the town's bar. The bar was slightly crowded and yet, each and every one of them were able to glance at the Mandalorian and violet-eyed travellers.

After observing the Krayt dragon's lair, they had decided that the three of them, along with several Tusken Raiders, were not enough to take down such humongous creature. That was why they were back in town, hoping to get the townspeople to agree to be their reinforcements.

Aeryn Mavek stood beside Din as she carefully kept the child inside her bag.

"This here is a Mandalorian" Cobb Vanth began, gesturing at Din. He, then, swiftly motioned toward Aeryn's direction. "And his wife."

A small yet genuine smile formed across Aeryn's lips. She immediately tried to hide it, though. Now's not the time for jokes and she was aware of it.

"You know what that means?"

"We've heard the stories." one of the townspeople replied.

"Then you know how good they are at killing. Now, this one's got a problem." Cobb Vanth continued and took a few step towards the townspeople. "I got a suit o' salvaged armor and the Mandalorian creed says it's his to take."

The townspeople, then, started murmuring.

"But I've got a problem, too. A krayt dragon has been peeling off our pack animals, and sometimes, taking our mining haul with it. It's just a matter of time before it grows tired of banthas and goes after a couple of you townsfolk, or even, so help us, the school."

The violet-eyed girl watched as everyone inside the room started whispering. Nothing but chatter could be heard all around the bar. Obviously, this was a big deal for the whole town of Mos Pelgos.

"As much as I've grown fond of the armor, I'm even more fond of this town. The Mandalorian is willing to help us slay the leviathan in exchange for returning the armor to its ancestral owners."

"Well, that settles it." the same man from before interjected.

"There's more." Cobb emphasized, earning the townspeople's attention. "We can't take on the krayt alone. And the Sand People are willing to help."

As if on cue, the room was filled with nothing but frustrated and angry shouts from the townspeople. They were clamoring; it was against their liking to team up with the raiders.

"They raid our mines!"

"They're monsters!"

"I've seen the size of that thing, it will swallow your entire town when the fancy hits it." Din suddenly spoke and the clamoring immediately halted. "You're lucky Mos Pelgo isn't a sand field already. I know these people. They are brutal. But so is the Dune Sea. They've survived for thousands of years in these sands and they know the Krayt dragon better than anyone here. They are raiders, it's true. But they also keep their word. We have struck a deal. If we are willing to leave them the carcass and its ichor, they will stand by our side in battle and vow never to raise a blaster against this town until one of you breaks the peace."

A small, proud smile formed right onto Aeryn's face. She heard the sincerity in Din's voice and she knew that that was enough for the townspeople of Mos Pelgos to finally agree.