𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

DIN DJARIN STOOD in the middle of the burnt pile of ashes that were once his ship; the Razor Crest.

Thoughts lingered inside his head as he tried to salvage what was left of his ship. Grogu had been taken by the remnants of the Empire--by none other than Moff Gideon.

What more was, he was not able to fight them off. He was not strong enough to protect the child from some dark troopers. How could he allow that to happen? How could he let the child go when one of the few things Aeryn had pleaded him before she left was to protect the child?

How could he let him go? How could he let them both go?

A small, circular object reflected from the sun's light, catching Din's attention. He crouched to pick it up and saw that it was the round metal ball Grogu always loved to play with. He let it linger on his hands; observing every little detail of it before keeping it behind his armor.

Din walked a few steps more into the ashes and that was when he found his beskar staff. He picked it up from the ashes and took it with hims as he went back to join his new colleagues.

"This is all that survived." Din told them, showing his beskar staff.

"Beskar." Boba Fett, one of his new colleagues, remarked. "I want you to take a look at something. My chain code has been encoded in this armor for 25 years. You see, this is me. Boba Fett. This is my father, Jango Fett."

"Your father was a foundling." Din replied as he read the chain code.

"Yes. He even fought in the Mandalorian Civil Wars."

"Then that armor belongs to you."

"I appreciate its return."

"Then our deal is complete."

The Mandalorian, though unsure of how to do so, was prepared to leave. He did not have a ship but at the moment, walking away seemed to be the best option.

"Not quite." Boba corrected, earning Din's attention.

"How so?"

"We agreed in exchange for the return of my armor, we will ensure the safety of the Child."

"The Child's gone." As well as Aeryn. Din's voice was weak as some thoughts flooded his head and yet, he mamaged to sound calm.

"Until he is returned to you safely, we are in your debt."

*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

DIN DJARIN, BOBA FETT, AND FENNEC SHAND all came to the planet of Nevarro with the help of Slave I; Boba's ship. Though Din was the only one to actually get off the ship, he had his colleagues back there.

The Mandalorian entered the same building where his old friends, Greek Karga and Cara Dune, once led him. It still looked the same but in no way did it feel the same.

Why? Aeryn Mavek was no longer walking by his side and everything felt different withot her around.

Cara Dune sat on her designated table; her feet on the table. She had several devices with her which, in Din's hypothesis, would greatly help him with his goal.