𝘰𝘯𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

AERYN MAVEK STOOD IN FRONT of a crimson metal door with nervousness taking over her.

She took several deep breaths as she fixed her dark hair, conscious of how she might look like. After all, she didn't want to give a bad impression to whatever creatures waited behind those doors.

To many, it might just be another normal door that will lead them to entertainment, drinks, or news of what's going on in another planet but not to Aeryn.

This door is the entrance of Maz Kanata's castle. Her only choice. Her only hope.

"Alright, I got this." she whispered to herself and without hesitation, pushed the door open.

Well, it involuntarily opened and the next thing she knew, her body was on the ground.

Turns out, it was an automatic metal door.

"Great," she muttered. "Just great." a sharp sigh escaped her lips as she picked herself up.

The moment she was back on her feet, she met the eyes of every single creature inside Maz Kanata's castle. Some had an amused smile on their faces, some were trying to hide their laughter, and some were just observing her.

"H-hi there," were the only words that managed to escape her lips. "Please, continue your business. I'm just a lone, harmless fellow." she raised both of her hands in gesture and plastered a small, nervous smile on her face. Luckily, this worked out and every creature were back to their business.

The castle was filled with the noise of entertainment, once again. Aeryn took this chance to walk around the area and look for Maz Kanata. Gambling, flirting, gossiping, sipping their drinks from elegant-looking glasses, everyone looked free.

To her eyes, it was full of life.

"Aeryn Mavek," Aeryn stopped on her track with the mention of her name. In front of her stood a short, orange creature with wrinkled skin and wide, round face. What caught her attention was the incredibly large round glasses it was wearing. "I see that you are looking for me."

Aeryn's eyes widened in shock. "Maz Kanata?" she asked, skeptical.

"Yes and whatever it is that you need, let's get to it." Maz replied. "It seems important."

With that, Maz led Aeryn to a table on the other side of the room where they can at least get some privacy. There were a lot of eyes on them as everyone watched their every move. It wasn't usual for the species to see a guest of Maz. Especially a beautiful one.

Maz took a sit and motioned for Aeryn to do the same.

"So, you are looking for someone and it seems like you need my help." Maz stated and looked right into Aeryn's eyes.

"Yes. An extremely important person."

"Tell me about it." Maz laid her back on the seat behind her and calmly waited for Aeryn to speak.

Aeryn took a few deep breaths, trying to calm her nerves down to avoid herself from blabbering.

"He's a close friend-a childhood friend of mine. I was very young and I-I can't seem to remember that much about my past-gosh, I can't even remember which planet I was from but him," Aeryn paused, the emotions of her memories getting the best out of her. "I remember him. Very much."

"What do you remember of him?" Maz's eyes narrowed as she moved closer to the table. The girl's story was interesting to her.

"His eyes. Mostly how he looks like, really. I also remember telling him that no matter what happens, I'll stay with him but I broke that a long time ago." Aeryn almost mumbled the last part but still, it was all clear to Maz.

Everything that she has to know about the girl, it was all in Aeryn's eyes. Her deep, violet eyes. It reflected how desperate she is to find this man; how important his existence is to her. It was something she hadn't seen in someone in a very long time.

"I see," Maz whispered. "I can help you." her words felt unreal to Aeryn's ears. She have waited to hear those words for years.

"Does that mean he's alive?" Aeryn asked, her voice filled with hope.

"Yes, very much." Maz paused and took a deep breath. "A child will be able to help you. Well, it's not really a 'child' since it's already fifty years old but still, it is what it appears to be like." she leaned closer to Aeryn who was eagerly listening to her every word. "It's a one-of-a-kind creature and trust me, you don't always encounter one but you will find it."

"A child?" Aeryn's eyes narrowed, skeptical. It all seemed like a joke but she knows that Maz is someone she can trust. After all, she went all the way here to meet her and if it meant having a chance to see him again, then it's all settled.

"Where?"

"Nevarro." Maz's voice was stern.

"Nevarro?" Aeryn repeated to herself, processing what she just heard. Her face slowly fell down as she was lost in her own thoughts.

Maz leaned closer to Aeryn and softly placed her right hand on the girl's cheek. Slowly, she lifted Aeryn's face up to meet her eyes. "I sense doubt in you but I assure you, you will find it and it will help you find him."

Aeryn can't help but form a small, genuine smile on her face.

"You will find Din Djarin."