𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE GROUP ALL STOOD hidden by a nearby foresty hill. They all observed the Refinery from afar, several Imperial vehicles passing by every now and then.

"I'm not gonna need long inside, so once I get the coordinates, you guys gotta get me the hell out of there." Mayfeld aeticulated as he looked at his colleagues.

"You get to the roof." Boba replied, his eyes still on the road. "I'll drop in and pull you out."

"All right. Mayfeld and I will swap out for the drivers in the tunnel." Cara nonchalantly spoke.

As much as I'd like to take a road trip with Rebel-dropper here, that's not gonna work."

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?"

"Well, because these Remnant bases are set up and run by ex-ISB. If you get scanned and your genetic signature shows up on any New Republic register, you're gonna be detected, and it's guns out." Mayfeld explained, eager to enlighten others of his information.

"You sure do know a lot about Imperial Remnants." Cara sneered which Mayfeld did not take quite lightly.

"If you wanna accuse me of something, then just say it." he snapped, turning to look at Cara.

"We don't have time. Fennec will go." Din announced.

"No, I'm wanted by the ISB. I'll trip the alarm, too."

"Fett?" Din turned to look at the other Mandalorian.

"Let's just say they might recognize my face."

"Great, so it's me goin' in alone." Mayfeld threw his hands up in the air.

"No way." Cara lightly shook her head, looking at Mando. "Yhe minute he gets inside, he'll tip 'em off. He'll be a hero."

"Hey. This wasn't my idea. I'm doin' you guys a favor."

"Deal's off. I'm takin' him back." Cara, then, prepared to leave.

"I'll go." Din spoke, looking down at the road.

The Mandalorian knew exactly what bas to be done and he was eager to take part in it. He promised Aeryn that he will keep the child safe. That was one of the last things she told him and she didn't want to let her nor the child down.

Din had enough of broken promises. It was time to, once again, fulfill one.

"Hey, buddy, I might be good at fast-talking, but I don't think I can explain away a guy in a Mando suit to Imperial guards." Mayfeld explained. "So, unless you're gonna take off that helmet, it's gonna be me goin' in alone. Or say goodbye to your little green friend."

"You're not going alone." Din glanced at Mayfeld for a brief moment. "I'm coming with you. But I won't be showing my face."

*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING A SWEAT, Cara Dune successfully knocked out the pair of troopers driving the rhydonium transport.

They were now in the tunnel where Mayfeld and Din both changed into the troopers's uniform. Mayfeld, however, continuously criticized the former uniform's owner while Din changed hidden from them.

"Oh, my God, this guy reeked." Mayfeld complained, pulling his boots up. "His gloves are still wet. Ugh!"

Din Djarin, then, revealed himself from the dark. He carried a bag which was filled with his Mandalorian armor and more of his beloved weapons.