𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

MANDO AND AERYN HAVE BEEN aboard the ship for quite some time now. It was just them, the child, and the countless stars surrounding them.

Aeryn looked through the glass and watched billions of stars shine right in front of her eyes.

It was beautiful. Mesmerizing, rather. It was one of the few things she loved about traveling. One of the few things she enjoyed while looking for Din.

Din.

She can't help but wonder about him. There wasn't a single day that passed by without her thinking of him.

To her, he was the most important person in the universe. He was the only thing keeping her together after all these years.

Mando sat in silence, aware of Aeryn's presence. He was curious about this woman who suddenly appeared and helped him. It wasn't everyday that he meets someone like that.

He was curious of why she wanted to protect the child. It was clear to him that she wasn't a bounty hunter. She didn't even have a tracking fob with her. He was certain that she also wasn't present in Arvala-7 where he and IG-11 retrieved the child.

To him, she was a mysterious, unknown woman.

"Who are you?" Mando's voice broke the ongoing silence inside the ship.

Aeryn's eyes immediately went from the stars to Mando's back.

"Aeryn. Aeryn Mavek." she answered. "It must have been weird for you to team up with a person you didn't know. Sorry about that." she added as a small smile crept onto her face.

"Mando." the Mandalorian introduced himself in a rather silent manner.

"I'm sorry, what?" Aeryn asked as her eyebrows furrowed. She didn't quite understand what he said.

He just...spoke.

"Mando. That's my name." he repeated. Aeryn nodded in acknowledgement and once again, slience filled the Razor Crest's cockpit. It was inevitable.

"Why are you protecting the kid?" Mando's question caught Aeryn off guard. She didn't see that coming.

"I'm looking for someone. Someone important." she looked down at the child in her arms and let out a short sigh. "I was told that this child would be able to help me find that person. I couldn't take any chances."

"I see." Mando whispered.

"How about you? Why are you protecting the kid?" it was Aeryn's turn to ask. She continued to watch Mando from behind as he piloted the ship.

"It felt like the right thing to do." Mando answered and that made Aeryn smile.

"Well, then, I hope that we could make a great team." Aeryn's comment made Mando turn around and look at her.

This gesture was surprising for Aeryn but all she gave him was a warm, genuine smile and that caught Mando off guard.

Normally, he knew that he wouldn't trust anyone so easily and yet, he felt comfort with her. Something about her smile told him that somehow, he's a human too whose trust can also be earned.

"I suppose so."

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

THE RAZOR CREST LANDED safely on Sorgan, a planet Mando found and knew would be safe for the kid to live in.