𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

"WELCOME BACK MANDO, and oh, a new companion." Greef Karga's voice echoed through the main street. "Now, put the package down, young lady." he added.

"Step aside. We're going to my ship." Mando replied sternly.

"Hmmm. Tell the young lady to put the bounty down and perhaps I'll let you pass." Greef Karga replied, watching Mando and Aeryn's every move.

"The kid's coming with us."

"If you truly care about the kid, then you put it on the speeder and we'll discuss terms."

"How do I know I can trust you?" Mando asked as Aeryn carefully listened. At this point, she knew she couldn't do anything but protect the child.

"Because I'm your only hope."

"Hey, how good are you with the blaster?" Mando silently asked Aeryn under his breath.

"Good enough to keep myself alive for years. Why?" Aeryn's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at Mando's back.

"We're gonna shoot our way out of here."

Aeryn's eyes widened at Mando's statement. There was no way that they can shoot their way out but heck, it's most likely their only option now.

Mando slowly walked towards the speeder. Aeryn cautiously followed, waiting for what Mando's going to do next.

Everything seemed intense.

Suddenly, Mando turned and started shooting some bounty hunters near him. Aeryn did the same.

The pair quickly hopped into the speeder and continued shooting at the bounty hunters.

"Drive!" Mando ordered the droid but it refused to.

"He said, drive!" Aeryn repeated, furious at the stubborn droid. The droid immediately followed and the speeder finally started moving.

Blaster shots were all over the street.

Aeryn was able to shoot down several bounty hunters by the roof while carefully protecting the child beside her. Mando, on the other hand, took care of the ones on the ground.

"What's our plan?!" Aeryn asked as she ducked from a nearly head shot. A grunt escaped her lips.

"Shoot as many of them as you can! That's our only option right now!" Mando shouted as he continued shooting several bounty hunters.

Everything seemed to be bearable and escaping was actually possible to the pair but then, someone from the enemies shot the droid.

The speeder stopped.

"Damn it!" Aeryn cursed and hid from the bounty hunters. She leaned back on the corner of the speeder and tightly held the child beside her, protecting it.

"Protect the kid." Mando ordered Aeryn. She nodded and clipped her blaster back onto her belt. She carefully picked the child up and engulfed it into her arms. Aeryn closed her eyes.

A few moments later, everything went silent. Not a single blaster shot can be heard.

Suddenly, loud booming noises filled the whole street. Aeryn opened her eyes, the child still safely engulfed in her arms. She turned to look at Mando.