Chapter 21

The plan to surprise Casey should wow him

The plan to surprise Casey should wow him. That's what Snow was going for; she thought to make up a day for him to make it feel like how a birthday should be.

He didn't know about it, but he'll find out after she would set up everything right here on her front porch. Why her front porch? For one, her front porch was wide enough for friends to hang out, and two, it was rather cozy and inviting, and that's something he might enjoy. It wouldn't be an extravagant party or at a place crowded with other people.

It would be a party of their own—a mini party with friends.

Normally they wouldn't plan a date on the weekends since it wasn't necessary, but this was an exception. A filled Sunday, just making someone's day a little special. She just would add today as part of their relationship mark.

She couldn't help thinking about the planning, surprise, and how everything would be put together. Sure, she only threw small parties for her close friends, and it was safe to say that they loved it and was ecstatic about the turnout. It wasn't just because she was friends with them, but because they let her know how much they appreciated her and the effort she went through.

And Casey, she hopes she was getting closer to reading his mind. It was hard to tell if he likes everything they had done so far or if he wanted something more different.

Snow had asked her mother about having a small party between her and her friends on the front porch, explaining it would be for one of her friend's friend. She couldn't define Casey as her friend yet, since they were still working out their relationship to better it first before they could become that. Although her mother had a bit suspicion it was that guy who took her out on that "first" date, she was okay with that and granted her permission as long as she was to let her father know about it too.

She did that when she went into their bedroom as her father was getting ready. She told him about the small party she's planning to have and that her mother knew of it. He asked whose birthday it is, and she responded that he doesn't know him, and it's a guy.

Now Snow's parents were generally cool with guys because it's her friends that they know, and they're comfortable with them since they were trustworthy and she's happy. To say it's a guy that they didn't know, maybe her father was more alarmed than her mother about it. He wanted to know who this guy is.

"Really? I should meet this fellow," her father said.

"Sure, we're having it tonight. I think when you come home, you can meet him," Snow assured him.

The guys were on their way with gathering the materials after she texted them what was needed. It wasn't a lot but some things that she didn't have and think would look good to add more liveliness to the party.

Her front porch already had comfortable patio chairs with cushion and decorative potted plants. Snow stretched her hands out. Her fingers positioning in a camera portrait mode as she stepped back to get a vision of how she imagined the setup would look like it. Before her, she saw everything look perfect with the table, lights, and friends having a good time.