Chapter 25

Blasting out Fall Out Boy music from his wired earbuds gave him the thundering sensation, an incentive to his outbreak as Casey scribbled on a page on his notebook with his pencil

Blasting out Fall Out Boy music from his wired earbuds gave him the thundering sensation, an incentive to his outbreak as Casey scribbled on a page on his notebook with his pencil. The scribbles represented the mess of his mind: Chaotic, horrid, and ugly.

He ignored just everything around him as he watched his swirls going uneven and everywhere around. Casey would've gone to the library just to find a quiet place, but the steps to be taken were farther than he'd like, so he had sat on one of the tables outside. The week of spring break went by quickly, and he wasn't too pleased to come back to student life.

The only feeling he had on him right now was just complex.

He was too preoccupied to pay attention to his friend, who settled down on the seat beside him until he pulled out one of Casey's earbuds. "Hello, anyone there, or am I interrupting your music video moment?" A teasing and familiar voice intruded one half of his ear that made Casey turned his gaze towards him, his obnoxious smile playing on his lips.

"Do you mind?" Casey asked bitterly.

"Oh, oh, I'm interrupting. You want to go back to your rock music. Okay, I can respect when you want to be alone. You can go on and ignore me," Malloy said exaggeratedly, close to placing back his earbud onto him, "but I'm already here. Wouldn't it be just rude?"

Casey mentally rolled his eyes. He sighed, taking off his other earbud and hitting a pause on his music. The earbuds laid on top of his phone on the table. His pencil resting too. And he saw a satisfied smirk from him. "There."

"So what were you up to?" Malloy said casually yet sounding childish.

His eyes moved over to the notebook faced down on the table. "That's uhh... quite a heavy drawing."

"Do you think that now?" Casey sighed. "I'm just relieving, alright?"

"Alright, so maybe you might want to come out with it. You're still having trouble with the breakup?" He looked at him for a short moment and continued, "You know what, it's fair. Your symptoms is still living."

"Is it just gonna get worse?"

"Just tell me, how much is she on your mind?"

"Day to night."

"You got it baddd," Malloy sang off-key. "So, have you figure out on your own where do you think your relationship went wrong?"

Casey slammed his hands over his eyes, dragging them as he tiredly rubbed around his temples. "I... thought about a few things, but I'm still confused. I also tried thinking about her recent moods before we broke up, but that was too long ago. Maybe there were times she was avoiding bringing something up, and I just let it go for her."

"Really, is that so? I think it's safe to do it at the time, not to drag on a subject if you think it would make them uncomfortable," Malloy said thoughtfully.