Chapter 43

Sitting and sipping on decaffeinated coffee with three people that enriched his life was a great way to unwind

Sitting and sipping on decaffeinated coffee with three people that enriched his life was a great way to unwind. Casey glimpsed at the smiling faces of theirs as they talked out a meaningless chatter.

"I'd say love the vibes, but not so much of the coffee. I drink them, and it makes my stomach weird. I don't know how my mom ingests so much coffee every morning," Malloy said. His cup of drink being Hot Chocolate with whip cream.

"They're good to drink sometimes," Kyle said.

In the background scene, most people around socialized to other people with such cheerful and delighted faces, and now he thought he was at most living at this moment in one like others. He glanced at Snow, who was just listening and nodding at whatever they said. She wouldn't know if he's wondering what kind of thoughts filled her head.

"So you come here frequently for the coffee?" Malloy asked.

"Yeah, and it's ten minutes away from campus," Casey said.

"Convenient." He nodded briefly. "So do you want to spend some summer days with us?"

"It'll be fun," Kyle encouraged.

"Yeah, you should come kick it with us," Snow agreed.

"What kind of things do you guys have in mind?" Casey inquired.

With these three, he knew they'd find something to fill in the gap of boring long summer days. At least, I won't be alone on some summer days.

Malloy's lips turned upward to a grin. "Are you up for board games, water balloon fights, more karaoking and bowling, and just eating lots of food together?"

Casey cocked his head at him, in the thought of that offer. It posed as fun and intriguing at the same time. "Is that all?" he questioned.

"We can all watch some movies too. Oh," Malloy stopped, suddenly snapping his finger. "Let's do a sleepover with s'mores. I can make a mean s'more."

"That again," Snow chuckled nervously.

"Hey, you know you want my s'mores." He looked at her in a serious manner, and she seemed like she couldn't deny them, looking away from him to sip into her cup.

"We never get them unless it's summer or winter," Kyle mentioned.

"Because it makes them a special edition. By the time you haven't have them for long, you guys be missing them," Malloy said, quickly clapping and gesturing to them smugly.

Then he looked to Casey. "And this is going to be your first."

"What makes them special?" Casey wondered.

"The chocolatey melt and double the brown sugar."

"It's really good," Snow said.

Kyle nodded. And judging from both of their faces, it's like Malloy's s'mores were one of the best things they were looking forward to. Now Casey's interested in how he made them and how they tasted.