Chapter 15

The remembrance of simple days, as a teenage girl who would sit on the grass and pull off flower petals, deciding absent-mindedly whether or not her crush likes her back or not

The remembrance of simple days, as a teenage girl who would sit on the grass and pull off flower petals, deciding absent-mindedly whether or not her crush likes her back or not. It was one of the moments where you didn't know what to do and fall hopelessly in despair.

He likes me, he likes not. Snow did that in her early days from her boy problems.

At the end of each flower petals, as she thought there was her answer, she became torn again. The possibility of whether or not a boy likes her back was abnormal to her, and she decided to start all over again. Leaving a lot of petals fallen from the pistil and wasted away, dying.

The answer was never clear to her, and she became sad at the end of each day.

Since back then, Snow hadn't pulled off flower petals and hoped to herself that she wouldn't find herself crushing on someone to save her from that awful stage of infatuation and the risk of just crushing herself in the process.

Looking at the flowers now, she was about to feel sorry for a few of them. When she saw Casey coming by, she straightened up her back as he plopped down on the grass from across Snow. He forcibly slung off his backpack on the shoulder and left it on the spot next to him.

He quickly checked where they were, and other students looked far in the distance. She imagined a swoosh sound effect went by him as he then looked back at her. "So what are we doing?" he questioned.

"We," Snow emphasized, "are going to express ourselves."

Casey lifted an eyebrow perplexedly at her, and so she reached a nearby flower, snapping it off from the ground. She held it and twirled it around in her fingers. "Have you ever pull off the flower petals one by one?"

"No."

"Well, we're doing that right now." Her mouth made a straight line across her countenance as she handed him a flower and grasped another one for her. "Here, we're each going to say out loud about our inner desire to one another as we take each petal off. I thought this could be a great exercise to release everything out in the open without needing to go too deep with our problems."

She paused. "We don't have to question each other either. We're just going to hear them out."

"So we're going to say our problems?" he asked.

"You can say anything. The point is to express each of our little thoughts, concerns, or whatever you want to let out. This is an alternative way of screaming out on the cliff. Get anything off your chest." Snow touched the petals delicately.

"Like... I wish we can solve world hunger. I can't think of all the poor children that must be dying," she fussed then picked one petal off, watching as it floated down to the bottom.

"World Hunger?"

"Statistics are pretty high. Talk about 8.9 percent globally," she reported. "It's sad, isn't it?" Snow cast her eyes down, a bleak expression making its way on her face.