Chapter 3

Snow placed her tray down on the table and took a seat next to her friends

Snow placed her tray down on the table and took a seat next to her friends. She greeted them casually and they greeted her back, but when her eyes spotted Casey she gave him an awkward look.

"Hi," Snow said faintly.

"Hi," Casey said back.

Snow turned her attention toward her tray again and picked up her spoon as she scooped the soup up to her mouth.

"This is getting awkward," Malloy spoke up and the eyes turned on him.

"What is?" Snow questioned.

"This." Malloy gestured one finger pointing at her and the other finger pointing at Casey that his arms made an X-Cross form, and then he switched rapidly between them.

Snow was uncertain what he meant by her and Casey, so Malloy continued, "We're all friends here now so we should start talking comfortably to each other. ALL of us."

Malloy then did a hair flip of his brown shaggy hair.

"Same, we should all just do something," Kyle agreed.

"Ah!" Malloy exclaimed with his index finger pointing up. "You know what we should all do?"

Casey seemed just as confused as Snow as they proceeded with blank stares.

"This Friday, we're going out to Karaoke and we're going to have fun," Malloy demanded.

"Wow, I haven't been to one for a long time," Kyle said, evidently pumped about the idea of it.

"That sounds fun." Snow nodded.

Casey said nothing but he wasn't opposed to it and just acknowledged the plan coming forward.

Snow sipped more of her warm soup. Karaoke with the guys and Casey? It didn't sound like a bad plan.

That friday came quicker than expected. Snow was happy that weekend came through because she'd love a few days off to recover herself. Currently, she was at her break time during the free period and her favorite place to go was at the school fountain.

She sat by the fountain on the seating of the concrete, watching as the water flowed out naturally.

The beautiful sight was the reason Snow came here often. It was as pleasant and astonishing to the eye, a place where it provided a sense of tranquility. This scenery helped her meditate quietly in her mind without perturbation.

By the sight and sound, she was secured.

Other students walked by her, but Snow didn't pay attention as her only focus was the pattern of the water free-flowing.

In the name of presence that she didn't think would come to her, there was Casey when she glanced nearby. He came closer until they were seeing each other clearly.

"Hi," Casey began.

Snow blinked subtly. "Hi."

This was at first for her that they were communicating without their friends around. They had never been seen without the others so it was something new for Snow and probably as well as for Casey.