Chapter 39

Snow spun herself around her room happily

Snow spun herself around her room happily. There were practically hearts shooting out, and she couldn't erase that smile onto her face. She made her way to the bookshelf, touching the spine of her romance books. "Sorry, I won't be spending my time with you tonight. You're just going to have to wait. I have a date coming soon, can you believe it?"

She had a plan to start on a new book, but with her mind on Harry, she wouldn't be able to focus on reading. She had dreamt of being the main character going out on a date with a nice handsome boy, and that will all happen soon? She could've never guessed it.

She walked to the kitchen, grabbing a strawberry banana smoothie. Her mom was in the living room who just casually watching tv. She liked to spend time watching drama series when she's not spending time at a hair salon. Snow twisted the bottle cap on top, and then she brought the drink to her mouth. She always loved the fruity taste of strawberries and bananas combined.

It tasted unusually better today, or was it because of her good mood? She loved them anyway. Quickly glancing at the television screen, it looked like the girl was laying on the lap of another girl as they were in bed. It looked like she was telling her about her problems as the girl laying looked sad about something. Snow didn't want to interrupt her free time, but she needed something urgently from her mom.

"Hey, mom," Snow said.

Her mom turned her head from the television screen to look over at Snow. "Hi, Snow."

"Can we go shopping for new clothes tonight?" Snow asked. She needed something extra amazing for her date with Harry in two days. Whatever it takes, she wants to impress him.

"You know I'm always happy to get you new clothes when you need them, but what's the occasion for tonight?" her mom said, pulling up a smile with an inquisitive expression.

"Can't a girl just have a little bit something for herself occasionally?" Snow replied.

"Are you sure? You have that look in your eyes that says, 'oh, I really, really need it urgently'," she pointed out considerably. "So, what is it?"

She joined her on the couch. "Oh, mom," Snow began, sighing to herself dreamily. "That day is finally happening."

"What day?" Her mom asked confusedly, as she examined Snow's expression. "Does it have something to do with that boy, Casey?"

"No, it has nothing to do with him, but he did help me boost my courage to ask a boy out on a date. He's so cool to do that when I was a stumbling mess." Snow's eyes gazed up to the ceiling with her hands clasped together, affection taking over her eyes.

"Wait," she paused. "You asked a boy out?"

"Uh-huh. Isn't that wonderful?" She could feel herself dancing on a spring field full of flowers in her mind.

"It's not Casey?"

Snow looked at her mom funny. "Of course it's not him."

"Oh, it's just that you've been spending a lot of time with him, I thought—" Her mom shook her head. "Never mind me. That's great for you. I always thought that you'd be the one to wait to be asked out."