Chapter 40

Forget what I said yesterday

Forget what I said yesterday. Snow looked at the text she just received from Casey. How could she possibly forget when it's still awake in her mind?

That yesterday got her thinking, why would he do this to her? Was it to ruin her date he knew she was going to have? It's not going to work. Although, it wouldn't look like he would purposely sabotage her. He wouldn't offer to give her advice if he didn't want her to go out. 

But why? Why did he like her? She wanted to be friends. She didn't like him like that.

Snow checked her gaze on the reflection of herself in the mirror. She got pretty. Her hair got curled, her makeup was done, and more than ever, she felt like Cinderella. Remembering the first time she put on a pink dress for her practice date, now, she stepped up in a powder blue mini dress soon to go out for her real date.

This dress showed its V-neckline and the gold necklace she put on to simply accessorize. Sheer long sleeves covered her arms, and the tiered skirts had layers of fabric ruffles that cascade elegantly. What especially did the dress was the shiny silver thread detailing throughout like it's the last finishing touch.

She simply loved it, and she loved the way she looked in it.

She smiled softly at her reflection. She hoped this was how pretty Harry could see her. Her nails were even painted to match the Cinderella blue theme of the dress. 

Snow glanced away. So why did she felt partially guilty? Right, I couldn't forget what Casey just said now.

She blinked, conscious of the feeling with her light eyelashes on. She texted back to Casey. I can't forget it. You're the one who said it. 

A minute later passed. Seriously, forget it. I'll forget it too.

In the middle of her typing, she saw the text bubble appearing and paused; he's going to type out another text.

You deserve better. You deserve someone good.

Her eyes fell dejected. Was that how he felt? But then why he was giving her mixed signals? From one moment he told her he liked her, and now he was telling her to forget it. She hated this. Why bother going through the length only just to forget it ever happen? What was it with boys like that? 

She wrote. You are good even if you don't believe it.

Her heart rate pumped up a bit from nervous anticipation. What was he going to say next?

I mean it. Forget what I said and have fun on your date. 

What was she supposed to say? Thanks? Snow scrunched up her nose with her brows furrowing. You know what, he's right. I am going to have fun on this date.

Determined, she sprayed a quick fragrance mist on herself and spared one last look in the mirror before she grabbed her cardigan sweater and her purse by the door, walking out of her room.