Chapter 31

Snow examined her outfit in the mirror once again

Snow examined her outfit in the mirror once again. Was it so basic? She wore on a white crop top, a faded button-front denim skirt that stopped above knee, and a beige cardigan that hung loosely around her arms. She was sort of getting used to wearing skirts, but still didn't know if it looked good on her, but she tried. She accessorized with a rose quartz pendant necklace around her neck and a light tan beaded bracelet and a cheetah scrunchy on her wrist.

Tonight was their round two of date night. After feeling better and talking to Casey, the two of them made a few changes to their list of Relationship Things with new dates. They counted their argument and avoidance as one of them as an experience of first fight. Even though that wasn't planned out, it did look natural, and then when the two made up, it's reconciliation.

After having not worn makeup for some time, she put on light makeup. Hopefully, she looked fine. She could never really get used to herself.

Feeling like she needed to add one more thing, Snow picked up a bottle of fragrance mist from Bath & Body Works. A few spritzes to her wrist, over her chest, her clothes, and on her neck. She did it lightly so that it wasn't too much. She took a whiff of herself, smelling fruity-floral and sweet like a festive blend of sparkling champagne, strawberries, and cream.

Snow left her house after receiving a text message that he was waiting outside. Casey stood in front of his car with his hands into his jeans pocket and when he glanced up at her, he waved a hand casually to her. She tilted her head at him. Normally when he waited, he was always inside the car.

She got closer to him, and she couldn't paint a picture. She didn't know why that was. "Hi," Snow said to him.

"Hi," Casey said, his expression calm and soft.

He took a moment to observe her outfit. Why did it feel strange that he's doing it? "I like your outfit," he said considerably.

"What. Really?" She didn't look convinced.

"Yeah."

Now she's curious about how this date night was going to go. Somehow, she felt doubtful of his character.

"So where are we going?" Snow asked him.

"Oh, you'll know it," he replied knowingly, walking around the car to the driver's seat.

She opened the car door and buckled up with her thoughts wondering to herself.

"Oh my goodness." Snow gazed with wide eyes the first thing when they arrived. She recognized the sign of the place; it was where they had their first practice date. The two of them ate barbecued meat, and while that was delicious, she remembered when things were awkward on that date.

Surely they were better now than before, but she didn't want to have high hopes. It could lead to awkwardness again as she could mess up and ask the wrong questions.