Chapter 17

After trading in her sneakers for bowling shoes, Snow wiped them against the carpet and tapped them together for getting used to it

After trading in her sneakers for bowling shoes, Snow wiped them against the carpet and tapped them together for getting used to it. She followed the guys to their lane, where the colored bowling balls in line and the bowling pins discerned from the far distant were waiting for them.

Her eyes couldn't resist as they scanned around the place of other people that were bowling. There was someone that you could shortly tell who had their A-game on or if they lacked in some way.

A girl, who looked about fourteen years old, held the bowling ball up near her chest, and her eyes were watching the pins like a hawk. She held that stance for a little while, and then she took two or three steps back with an arm and ball behind her.

She lunged forward as her arm swiftly drove to release the ball. It rolled straight, and as it came closer to the pins, it shifted to the right slightly but then came back near the middle, proceeding to knock down all the pins.

Wow, she's really good for her age.

There was a guy, and he was a young adult with his dark hair and a green streak. He scratched his head with one hand, and the other held the ball. Looking at the most leftover pins, he figured he had to get them somehow.

Soon the guy moved back, and in his improper stance, he carelessly let go of the ball that ensued in only knocking down two pins. He shrugged his shoulders and walked back.

"Snow," Kyle called out, which made her turn around, "come put your name down." He pointed to the standing scoring system.

She walked over there, viewing how there were three names registered. She typed the letters on the screen to fill in her name and then tapped enter. The system took over and placed in confirmation, and when she looked up above, their names appeared on the huge screen with the empty scoreboard. They were locked in for the first round.

"Sweet," Malloy exclaimed, boiling up just how excited he was. "I'm first."

Except for Malloy, the three of them took their seat on the deep wine bench chair as they watched him pick up a forest green bowling ball from the rack.

Malloy stared at the bowling pins on the other side, and afterward he stopped behind the foul line, curling his fingers to the holes of the ball. "Hello, pins."

He took a huge step back with his feet slightly apart, and at that point, his right arm pushed farther back with the ball visibly high. In two steps, he rushed, readied to swing. Just when it looked like he was going to bowl, he stopped in his track.

"Wait," he announced, standing back to a normal position. There was something he realized. "I forgot to stretch."

"And here we were waiting," Kyle mentioned airily.

Malloy placed down the bowling ball as he was careful to not let it roll off and had it stay still. He began with stretches starting first with neck and shoulders. "What? Stretching is vital."