Chapter 30

Saturday came around, but Casey wasn't self-assured about how this whole thing would go as he pulled up in front of Snow's house

Saturday came around, but Casey wasn't self-assured about how this whole thing would go as he pulled up in front of Snow's house. He climbed out of his car with a bouquet of flowers in his hands and walked up the porch steps, where he stopped at the front door. As nervousness built up, he cleared his throat quickly and pressed the doorbell, having to hear its chime go off.

He stood waiting until someone opened up the door. Snow's father appeared, and with a questioning look in his eyes. That first time Casey met her father, he felt the impression that he didn't like him much. He eyed at the flowers Casey held, and his lips pursed into thought.

"Hello, is Snow home?" Casey asked courteously.

"She is.. and remind me who you are," he said inquisitively. By the slight raise of his brow, it was most likely her father remembered their first encounter but wanted him to make known of himself once again.

"Oh, it's Casey, sir."

"Oh, is it nice to see you. And may I ask what are the flowers for?"

Her father looked wary about his intention. It had seemed. "These are for Snow... I would like to see her if that's possible. Would that be okay?" Casey wondered.

He gave him the once-over. His eyes sent him slight chills, resembling a watchman doing his job to make sure nothing looked suspicious. Leaving him to just wait until he gave an 'ok,' at last Casey was able to step in the house.

"Snow's room is on the right. Just make sure you knock on her door before coming in," her father instructed, and Casey nodded simply.

He walked to the door and brought up a fist against it, knocking slowly. "Come in," he heard Snow say from the other side.

Casey embraced himself for what was next then turned the doorknob. He stepped into the room quietly, hiding the flowers behind his back. There he saw her, lying in bed, hair sprawled out, a blanket covering her body. She looked his way, her eyes barely opening as though she needed to recognize his figure. He didn't say anything since he didn't know how to start out, practicing the lines in his head.

It was all silence for a small eternity before Snow spoke up. "Oh, am I imagining Casey in my room? You almost look realistic."

"No," Casey said awkwardly. "It's me. I'm actually here."

"It can't be true. You couldn't possibly show up here." Something about her tone sounded with annoyance, disregarding her usual soft and honeyed voice she normally projected.

"Yes... I want to see how you are now," Casey reasoned.

Snow gazed at him sharply, an expression that was unlike her. "Leave me alone," she said as she turned her back to him, lifting a blanket over her head. Then he heard her let out coughs, due to the reason of her feeling unwell.

Once he found out about Snow, he instantly thought about doing something. Kyle thought Casey might not care but informed her through text message that Snow fell sick with a fever. He didn't like hearing about it and knew he had to check up on her.