Chapter 5

WAS THAT THE RIGHT CHOICE? Snow thought loudly to herself while lying in bed

There was a moment of flashback when she and he were briefly discussing things that they both could find in a relationship. She remembered how he looked. He was heartbroken, he would only say a sentence or two. She did most of the talking.

And then to the part where she made a big statement that she thought she wouldn't say. After she said it, he was more than ever astounded.

"What...?"

"You know... Aheh." She chuckled nervously, she was wondering about having second thoughts.

It was a crazy idea at the time, but that's what came up to her. She thought it was a good idea to resolve a conflict, but now she didn't know.

His reaction made her hesitated. His gaze held hers slowly and deliberately. He was on the spot, called on for her impromptu idea.

She smiled nervously. Was this too forward?

Crazy was expected. If she asked this question herself, her overly self-conscious would emerge.

"You probably don't have any idea what you're saying." Casey's brows rose at her distrustfully.

Snow expected that he would say that. Judging by his character, he was careful with whom he talks to and plainly their intentions as well.

"It's just that..." Snow twiddled her thumbs and glanced at her clumsy dexterity. Under his serious gaze, she was timid in front of him.

Her plan worked out better in her head than how it sounded in real life, but she wouldn't elaborate on that.

He told her, "I'm sorry."

While Snow thought that maybe she could've made more sense and clearer for him, she too didn't believe that her idea was the brightest.

She turned to the other side and pray that the moment could be forgotten. Strange as it seems, she hoped Casey didn't see her less than a slow to warm up person.

It hadn't just been awkward between her and Casey; they didn't speak towards one another. Their eyes had scrutinized around any space and anything.

It was going back to the beginning where the two didn't know each other, and not one of them was saying anything.

Snow didn't think the impact could cause this uncomfortable strain in their unspecified relationship. She was too reluctant to begin first. She had to think she was selfish, she asked him on the day of the breakup. Why would Casey take her up on her offer?

She was being self-serving for her interest and it was because of her that Casey wasn't comfortable. He didn't have to say to spell out the situation.