Chapter 20

Snow was dropped off at a nice park, and she found herself waiting for Casey to show himself

Snow was dropped off at a nice park, and she found herself waiting for Casey to show himself. He wasn't late, but she was early.

She didn't mind. She loved looking at the beautiful scenery of the green grass, the trees that were taller than people, and from a distance, children were playing around in a playground.

Sometime later, she spotted Casey making an entrance. He looked around, but he hadn't seen her. Just then, an idea popped into her mind. Making sure that he still didn't see her, she went behind the trees as she sneakily wandered closer to him. The closer and closer she got to him, Snow was behind him, and he stood there.

She was going to surprise him.

Slowly and creepily, she put her hands in front of his eyes, obscuring his vision, then she spoke. "Guess who?"

Funny as it looked, he played along. "Are you a kidnapper?"

"Would a kidnapper be this friendly to talk to you?"

"They could be deceiving from one moment to the next."

"Take a guess."

She didn't think that he would allow this and had expected him to tell her to back off or push her hands away. But Casey didn't. "Hmm, I don't know. Who is it?"

Snow told him to take a guess, and he pretended to think.

"Rachel McAdams?"

"Is that whom you're dreaming about?"

"Why not?"

"Guess again."

Casey scoffed lightly. "I know it's you, Snow."

She revealed herself and was smiling at him happily as he looked over his shoulder at her. "Right you are. Happy surprise." Snow giggled.

Then they strolled through the park, finding a place to sit. It wasn't until a few minutes in that they found a huge pond and the ducks afloat on top of them. They sat close to the rocks and watched as many ducks were silently in each other's presence.

It seemed that they were comfortable to relish what they have.

Snow and Casey didn't have that kind of comfortable silence to be like that, so it was always that they need to talk to avoid that painful awkwardness.

"How nice is this, and it's a sunny day outside. It's perfect to go out even if there is no reason to," Snow commented.

"Yeah? I don't like to get much sun, but I supposed it's nice out here," Casey said. She could've sworn he and the sun were sworn enemies, but they lived in a sunny state.

Their gazes remained straight forward at the ducks. Whenever she did see the sight of them, it's like they came together as a squad. What would their squad name be?

At the very far left, she noticed one duck who was by themselves as that one circled around, the water creating a circle rhythm. Aww, why is it over there?