Chapter 29

What do I want? Snow stared solidly at the vending machine with the choices of drinks before her

After class had finished for her, she needed a drink right away. Students walked past through the corridor and chatted, but with her current mood of feeling a tad sleep-deprived, the noises grew disconcerting for her.

That darn Casey. Couldn't he just get back to me? She hadn't heard a single word from him since, and it looked like he successfully blocked her out. Would it actively kill him to at least give her a word so she could rest aside? 

Sending multiple texts was like pushing herself onto him in hopes he would catch on to how worried she was. What was it that could be so bad that he just wouldn't tell her?

He was only thinking of himself, but did he think of her once? She reminded him before that he could count on her, but that meant nothing now if he was dealing with his problems this way.

Snow put the amount for the drink and fastly pushed a button. She waited for the drink, but nothing came out.

The disappointment feeling flowed. What? 

Almost though as if she wanted no one to see, she checked her surrounding. Fewer students were around, and she hoped no one cared. Snow used her hand to tap on the machine lightly and grumbled to herself when the machine was reluctant. "Why isn't it working?"

"Need help?"

Snow whipped her head to see Harry just standing a few feet away from her. Shocked, she took a step back. "What?"

His ever-so-gorgeous presence made an inviting welcome to her. She noticed the forest green and black flannel shirt that did him so well and how much of his rich brown eyes were so good-looking. And his masculine, strong nose too.

"You look like you're struggling with the machine," Harry pointed out.

She stared at the machine quickly and then back at him. Trying to play it out cool, she straightened up her back. "Oh, it's nothing. Just the machine being stubborn."

"Oh yeah?" He quirked his eyebrow in amusement.

"Yeah... I don't think I'm getting a drink," she said all too honestly.

Harry stepped closer to the machine, asking, "You already put in the cash there?"

"Yes."

Snow watched what he was doing as he inspected the vending machine thoughtfully. He didn't say anything, but after a while, he gestured to come along with her. Without question, she followed him as they walked somewhere. Her curiosity soon was figured out when they walked to the building of the student service, and across the room were the adults who helped out people on the counter that answered the student's questions or concerns.

Harry waited as Snow walked to the counter since there wasn't anyone there. She explained to the woman behind the desk how her money was taken by the machine and didn't give her a drink, giving them information on where it was and in what building. It got resolved when she gave her the refund in cash, and they would inform a service guy to repair it.