Chapter 34

Snow breathed out, focusing on her center and happy place

Snow breathed out, focusing on her center and happy place. She wondered how he was going to take it when they're about to talk about how they made it this far; this far of the relationship mark of their series.

The last seven days had flown by, and they were close to the very end.

Casey had been more than a team player; he was a good seed. She knew he had it in him and that there was more to him than he led on. It was good for him.

He came by and sat down next to her on the grass, and he looked at her calmly. "Hi Snow," Casey said.

It had been a while since she heard him say her name. "Hi Casey," Snow replied.

She shifted her body around as he did the same so they could look at each other directly. "How have you reckon these days have been for us?" she asked.

"I think..." he paused, grasping for the right words. "I think we've been improving a lot since day one. What do you think?"

She nodded in agreement. It was really interesting. Snow had looked over at the list and marked off the ones they had done, silently counting down the days. A lot of them were just starting out and being themselves, neither comfortable nor uncomfortable but just getting used to. She was at that stage with him where she thinks she could count on him, and he's likely and hopefully counting on her too.

"Yeah, it's getting high. You're finally learning to be part of this relationship," she told him.

"So I wasn't before?"

"More like, you were unsure of it, but then you come to see I had good intentions and not trying to hook up with you, right?"

"Whoa, whoa," he cautioned with a hand up. "I never thought to hear you say the word 'hook up'."

Snow chuckled. "It's not uncommon. Is it? I know the term, you know."

Casey looked like he couldn't believe his ears for the first time. Like perhaps he might want to pull the screws out from her. "Don't ever use that word in front of me."

"It's not like I'm innocent from hearing what people use these days around and on the internet. Now those people are the ones you should be careful of," she specified humorously.

Snow usually preferred to stay off on the internet aside from watching a series because she didn't want to look at her social feed that could be crawling with couple pictures, and it would hit her with the sadness that she was still single. She didn't like that, but avoiding it from reality was impossible too.

"Whatever. So, are we really here to talk about..." It looked like he didn't want to say it. He dreaded that word since he couldn't talk about them before.

Feelings. 

"Feelings, yes. We have to talk about them. This is just all about checking in with each other, acknowledging, and see how we're really doing. It's not bad to just say from what's in your mind. You always have to talk about your feelings in any relationship." Her eyes met with his, and the determination in her eyes was strengthening.