Chapter 55

Wedding day eve was a lot. Harry and I were both hungover, but he hadn't drank as much as I had. I ended up with my face hovering over the toilet while he sat outside the door comforting me from a distance since he was also feeling sick.

"If I come in there while you're getting sick, I'll get sick too. I love you, but no."

And if I saw him throw up, I would throw up even more.

I was in the bathroom for an hour before I managed to stop. I got rid of the evidence that I hadn't taken care of myself at all the night before so Harry could come in with water and a sandwich for me. I managed to choke it down and keep it down. We pulled ourselves into the shower after a Tylenol cocktail. I felt disgusting and probably looked it too. I avoided mirrors as much as possible. I had a rough idea of what I looked like. I had forgotten to take my makeup off before we got too distracted for anything else.

"You look like a racoon." 

"Please don't remind me. I blame you for this." I circled my finger around my face, gesturing to the mess I already knew was on it. 

"It's not my fault you forgot to take your makeup off."

"It is, actually. You're the one who had my shirt off the second I was through the front door and didn't give me a chance to do it."

"It's a two way street, darling. Could have said no." I pushed around him to take the spot under the water and let it run down my face, taking the feeling of a long night with it. "We're getting married tomorrow." He grabbed my loofah from its hook and I smelled my body wash. He started to wash my shoulders, moving down my arms in small circles. "Are you feeling okay about it?" He sounded so fucking nervous.

"Is this your way of asking me if I'm going to leave you at the alter?" I rubbed my hands over my face, hoping to rub off some of the makeup stuck to me.

"Is that a possibility? Should I be concerned about that?"

"I mean, anything is possible, but no. I don't plan on running, even if Kira has offered to be my getaway driver a few times." He washed down my other arm for me.

"I'll make a mental note to keep her locked up somewhere until it's too late for you to run then." I could hear the smile he had on his face even with my back to him. It was the one where he pulled just the left side of his mouth up and his teeth showed the tiniest bit. Don't get me started on that goddam dimple. That's the part that really killed me.

"You can't just commandeer my maid of honor." Laughing hurt my head. I turned to look at him. I grabbed his shampoo and started to lather it through his hair. His eyes fell closed. "And besides, I have Kimmy to drive me away, shoes in my hand and veil flying out the window."

"You're wearing a veil?"

"Yeah. I didn't plan on it, but Kimmy sent me a picture of one that matched my dress perfectly and I went the next day to buy it. It was way more expensive than I anticipated but it was worth it. Sometimes impulse buys are acceptable."

"I'm excited to see. You sure I can't get a sneak peek?"

"I'll think about it. It won't be the dress though, so don't get your hopes up too high."

"I'll settle for anything, if I'm being honest. The suspense is killing me. Knowing your dress is just sitting in the back of the closet is incredibly tempting. Does your dress have a train? Does the veil? Or is it one of the short ones? Is it one that I have to move out of your face?"

"So many questions so early in the morning. There's a short train on my dress. The veil is longer than my dress and it will be pinned into my hair, so you won't have to move anything."