Chapter 56

Happy wedding day, bugs. Have some wedding day vibes. - Jenny

I was shaken awake by the intense shaking of my bed and the sound of horns blaring from a speaker

I was shaken awake by the intense shaking of my bed and the sound of horns blaring from a speaker. My eyes flew open to see Kira jumping around on my bed with her phone in one hand and her speaker in another and a massive smile on her face. She had September screaming through my bluetooth.

"Do you remember, the 21st night of September! Love was changing the mind of pretenders! While chasing the clouds- Get up, bitch! You're getting married today!" She jumped off the bed and pulled the blanket off my body and pulled it toward her to the beat of the music. "I've got brunch stuff set up in the kitchen, but I can't do brunch without my best friend and a dance party." She danced toward me and grabbed the hand that was covering my face. "C'mon, sleepy. The mimosas aren't going to drink themselves."

I snapped my eyes open, already knowing they were there but needing those words to truly motivate me enough to get out of bed. "I don't know why you didn't start with that." I let her pull me by my hand and out of the bed, the speaker held above her head as we danced our way to the kitchen.

She'd laid out all of our ingredients along the counter. This was our first brunch since Harry and I had moved in together, so there was a bit of an adjustment that we needed to make. We didn't have an island as big as the one in my apartment, but we did have more floor space to take up.

Now December
Found the love we shared in September
Only blue talk and love
Remember
True love we share today

She pushed a mimosa in one hand and a knife in the other and dropped five cartons of fruit in front of me. She'd gone overboard on the fruits and branched out to add new ones to our mix. She'd also grabbed powdered sugar, which we never added because we never knew how much to add. She ignored that and grabbed it anyway.

The sizzle of French toast on the griddle was the best part of our morning, second to mimosas. Kimmy showed up about ten minutes after we started cooking, and she came in dancing. It wasn't often she joined us on our brunch dates, but this brunch was special. It was in celebration rather than one of us needing to be cheered up. I was getting married.

We finished brunch, eating on the floor of the living room. We kept the music on through it, which was unusual, but the mood was too good to risk losing the vibe that went with it. I was only getting married one time so we had to do everything we could to keep this through our entire day.

Our typical wind down was altered to keep us up and moving. There were no movies after we did the dishes. Just dancing and drinking. Drinking seemed like a bad idea considering I would spend my night in heels, but there was plenty of time to worry about that later.

My phone started to ring from across the room. Harry's smile took up my screen and I answered immediately.

"Hi, baby!"