Chapter 59

We woke up we we usually did. Wrapped in each other, but this time we had plans. We couldn't savor that moment with each other. We had a flight to catch. Harry took forever to get out of bed. I was showered, dressed, and had our bags by the front door by the time he got up.

"Harry you have to get up. We have so much to do before we leave."

All he did was grumble in response. I tried to bribe him with everything. Sex, head, gifts. Nothing, and I mean nothing, worked.

He walked into the kitchen as I was making us breakfast. I hoped the smell of eggs and toast would pull him from the sheets. He was rubbing his eyes and his hair was an absolute mess. He looked beautiful in the mornings. It was his most real state of being, right when he woke up. He had managed to pull a pair of pants on before he left our room, which was shocking. Harry wasn't a pants wearing kind of man unless he had to be.

"Welcome back to life. It's nice to see I have a husband for more than half a day." I pushed the eggs around in a pan while he poured his coffee. "You don't have much time. Kira will be here in an hour to take us to the airport, so you need to eat and get ready." I took it off the stove and pushed some on to the two plates I had waiting. I buttered toast for him and cut in diagonally like he liked, dropped a fork on his plate and pushed it to him.

I don't think it's my fault I couldn't get out of bed. If anything, I blame you." I looked at him like he was fucking crazy, because he was.

"Me? I'm literally just existing! And I've been up for hours!" I poured myself a second cup of coffee, which I knew I would regret later, but I did it anyway.

"Was I the only one in the bathroom last night?"

"You're blaming me because we had sex and you're tired?" I deadpanned and gave him the most blank look I could muster.

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner."

"That two week deal is sounding pretty good right about now. Especially if I'm going to be blamed when you lose control." He glared at me from where he stood across the room. He was leaned against the counter with his plate held near his chest.

"You'd give in. I know you would." He went back to eating, unknowingly challenging me like he didn't already know I was the most competitive person he knew.

"Is that really a bet you want to make hours before we leave for our honeymoon?" He looked up and stared forward as his own words started to sink in. "Two weeks of no work, no responsibilities." I slowly walked toward him and took his plate from his hands and set it on the counter. "Two weeks of the beach and bathing suits, hotel rooms where no one is around." I stretched my words and walked two fingers up his chest. He was looking down at me and I could see him regretting his words. "But maybe a little bet could be fun, don't you think?" I walked back to where my plate was and continued to eat.

"But maybe I was wrong. I think, and hear me out now, that maybe a bet wouldn't be fun this go around." He held his hands out with his palms up and raised his eyebrows, trying to convince me to change my mind on something that wasn't going to happen in the first place.

"But you won the last one. Odds are you'd win this one too. You got a whole wife out of the last bet." I finished my food and dropped my plate, looking back at him. "Are you finished? I want to wash these before you steal all the hot water." He held out his plate to me, looking beyond unamused and just walks away. I heard the bathroom door shut a few seconds later and the water come on just moments after that. I heard a little yelp through the wall, which meant the water was either too hot, or way too cold. My brained leaned toward the latter.

In the next hour, two miracles happened. Harry was ready before Kira got there, and Kira was actually on time. I sat in the front with her, knowing Harry would try to pull some shit if I sat in the back with him. He had a mischievous look on his face when he got out of the shower and I knew I was in trouble.