Chapter 22

Harry was struggling with his tie. He told me he could do it by himself, but I'd been standing behind him in the mirror for almost five minutes watching. Today was the rehearsal dinner for Kimmy and Dustin's wedding and we were going to be late if we didn't leave soon.

He'd ended up being a groomsman for Kimmy and Dustin's wedding. I hadn't realized that they were that close, but he was so excited when he told me that Dustin had asked that I didn't want to question their relationship. He loved my friends and my friends loved him. Their opinions of the things and people in my life meant the most to me.

I could hear him huffing as he undid his incorrect knot for the seventh time. He glanced at me in the mirror.

"You're make me anxious when you watch me like that." I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I'm sorry, I'm just waiting for you to let me help you." He grumbled something under his breath that I didn't catch and turned around to face me. "Finally."

I tied his tie correctly on the first try. I smoothed it down his chest and looked up at him. He looked jealous.

"How is it that you can tie a tie and I apparently cannot?" He turned back to the mirror, adjusting his tie where to where it was comfortable for him.

"I tied my dad's ties whenever he was dressing up for a book signing in the closest cities on his tour. We always went to support him. My mom used to do it, but she broke her wrist one tour and she talked me through it. It just became tradition after that." I pulled my dress up my body. I'd waited to put it on until the last minute due to my disdain for looking dressed up.

Dressing up felt unnatural to me.

"Zip me up?" I pulled my hair over my shoulder and turned my back to him as he was cuffing his sleeves. He pulled at the bottom of my zipper and I felt it move up my back. He placed a small kiss at the base of my neck. He was going to kill me with the small things he did.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and set his head on my shoulder. "You look really pretty when you dress up. We should go to fancier places so I can appreciate it more." This man was the softest person I'd ever met, I swear. He moved my hair back over my shoulders.

"Thank you, but I really enjoy wearing leggings everywhere. The comfort is immaculate." I unhooked his arms to slip on my shoes. "We've got to go though. Your inability to tie a tie really set us back." He narrowed his eyes at me before rolling them.

The ride to the venue was quick. It was this beautiful dancehall with stain glass windows and beautiful flowers everywhere on the grounds. We had gone yesterday to set everything up. It had two stories. The upstairs would be for the ceremony, as it was the smaller space. The downstairs would be for the reception and where the bar was. It was open, the bar. Dustin's family insisted on it. Thank god.

When we walked through the doors, I looked at all the decorations for the second time. Red was draped everywhere, fairy lights gracing the walls and behind where the wedding party would sit. She'd put everything her mind had planned into this space. It was beautiful.

She'd kept me busy these last few months with every maid of honor duty she could possibly have. I'd planned the bridal and engagement party, all with Kira's help though. They went beautifully and Kimmy cried at both.

"It's about time. Kira is also late and I was about to murder both of you if you didn't show up soon." Kimmy walked to me and grabbed my hand from Harry's. "She said she'll be here in five minutes but we're on a tight schedule. The officiant has another appointment in two hours." She dragged me up the stairs and pushed me into the bridal suite where the other bridesmaids were waiting.