Chapter 43

We left the garden and rejoined our group when we saw that the sun was starting to go down. He looked so happy on the ride back, but once again kept the source of his smile a secret from my wondering mind. We took a shower when we got back to the hotel and got dressed for dinner. I'd made us reservations at a nice restaurant down the road a bit. I asked him if we could walk since it was such a nice night out.

I'd brought a nicer dress with me, just in case, and I was glad I did. I told him he should pack something nice too. He pulled a blue suit jacket and a striped shirt that I had literally never seen before out of the back of the closet. But he looked nice in blue.

We were following google maps in my phone to get to our restaurant. There were people walking in the streets, playing music, laughing, having fun. Harry was having fun just watching everyone. He was doing this goofy walk down the streets, letting his arms flop around his body. He looked back at me and smiled when he saw me laughing.

He waited for me to catch up and started to talk, but a man on a bike drove in between us, masking his words under the motor. He tried to speak louder, but I shushed him because I couldn't hear.

When the bike got far enough away, I asked him to repeat himself

When the bike got far enough away, I asked him to repeat himself. His brought his hands behind his back and a smile pushed up his cheeks.

"I said I'm cashing in the prize from my win tonight. I just thought I'd let you know." He reached out his hand to grab mine again.

"Any chance you'll let me in on the secret?" He scoffed at my suggestion.

"Absolutely not. You know me, you know I would never tell you. But I thought we could go for a walk on the beach after dinner. How's that sound?"

"That sounds really nice actually. Can I at least know when you'll be taking your prize?"

"Somewhere between the end of dinner and the door to our hotel room."

"Vague but alright then. And you promise it's not bad?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He had his infamous shit eating grin plastered on his face like he was privy to some earth shattering secret. And maybe he was, but I had to wait to see where the night brought us.

"Well then I'll trust you. You haven't given me a reason not to so I don't seen why this should be any different, I guess. But the anticipation might kill me before you can tell me."

We got to our restaurant on time for our reservations and struggled through ordering. Harry's slight understanding of Italian actually helped us a bit this time. He had paid attention to everything anyone said in Italian over the last week, as well as what they were gesturing to, just so he could try and pick up new words here and there. His Italian accent was tragic though.

I opened myself up to eating more foods that I would usually consider outrageous. That didn't stop Harry from forcing me to try whatever he got because he wanted me to have the full Italian experience.