Chapter 52

The first official month since my dad died disappeared behind us quickly. I was better, a lot better. Harry, however, was not. I'd never seen him like this before. He hadn't smiled a genuine smile in weeks. Harry had the brightest smile and he always found something to smile about during his day. But seeing him have no motivation or want to smile was concerning.

He went to work one morning and didn't come home when he should have. I thought he just got busy but he didn't answer when I called to check up on him. Bethany had worked with him and when I called her?

"He told me he didn't need me to help close up and sent me home. He hasn't come home yet?"

Panic we started to set in. I called everyone. Mom and Malakai hadn't talked to him. Niall and Dustin hadn't heard from him in days. Kira started to panic the second I asked her if she knew where he was and Kimmy did too.

He was gone. No one had seen him. I waited another half hour before I really tried to freak out, just in case he was just really late it went to the store. I got in the car the second that half hour was over.

I drove passed the store and all the lights were off. I went to his favorite bar, the stores we usually shop at, all our favorite food places. His car wasn't anywhere. I had no where else to look.

I drove by the store again on my way home and parked in front of it. I went to the door and tried to pull it open but it was locked. I looked through the windows, searching every part of the store I could see. The door to the back room was open and there was a small light on. It looked like his computer.

I ran around the building and seeing car parked in the small back lot was the biggest moment of relief I've ever had in my life. It was almost midnight.

I ripped the door open and looked around in the darkness. I walked quietly toward his computer light. His face was against the desk with his arms blocking me from seeing it and his breathing was slow. I couched next to his chair and ran my hand down his back.

"Harry. Harry, baby, wake up."

"I'm awake." Any sense of anxiety I had was flooded away by the sound of his voice.

"You scared me. It's almost midnight."

"I'm sorry. I couldn't come home."

"Why not, baby?" I tried to pull his arm away from his face but he wouldn't let me. "Harry, what's going on? Are you okay?"

"I'm trying to be, but I don't think I am."

"Talk to me. What's going on?"

"No. There's nothing to talk about."

"Well you can't stay here all night. Will you at least come home with me? I can make you dinner. It's been a while since you've eaten."

"I'm not hungry."

"Will you at least come home with me? I can guarantee our bed is much more comfortable than your desk chair."

"Yeah, I'll meet you at home." He yawned immediately after. "I'm not tired, I can drive."

"Nope, you yawned. You know how I feel about tired driving. C'mon."

"Okay. You're not allowed to say anything when I pick my head up. Promise?"

"What could I possibly say? I look at your face every day." He picked his hand up and slowly looked at me. His eyes were bloodshot and there were tear stains down to his neck. "My favorite shade of green." I kissed his cheeks where his tear stains were and got a faint smile in response. "C'mon, kid. I've been everywhere tonight. I just wanna relax with you."