Chapter 13

"Darling. Darling, wake up." I felt my body move on its own. "Charlie, wake up."

I felt a light pressure on my side and opened my eyes a centimeter to find Harry reaching over me. He grabbed my phone from the night stand beside me and looked at it. He laid back down, bringing it to his ear. I closed my eyes, letting him answer it.

"Hey Kira, what's up." He listened for a minute. "No, she's still sleeping. Her phone woke me up. I tried to wake her up but she didn't so." He stayed silent, listening to her talk. "We're actually at mine tonight. Feel free to come over though. I can send you my address if you need it." I heard her speak this time.

"I knew there was a reason I liked you."

"The more the merrier, right? I'll let her know that you're coming when she wakes up." More silence. "Yeah. I'll send you my address from her phone. See you later, Kira."

He stopped speaking. I felt him roll over toward me again, putting a small amount of pressure on my arm with his chest, and replace my phone on the nightstand. He laid back to his spot.

"What did Kira want?" I let my voice grumble out and turned toward him, throwing an arm over his torso.

"How long have you been awake?" His head turned toward me to kiss my forehead. He kept his eyes closed. "Good morning"

"Long enough to hear you answer my phone."

"I hope you don't mind. You weren't moving and I was tired of listening to it vibrate." He turned over on his side to wrap his arm around my thigh and bringing my leg over his waist. This was maximum comfort.

"I don't care. It's just Kira. You still haven't told me what she wanted though. Why is she coming over?" He shifted a little more so I was half on top of him. I propped myself up on my elbow to get a better look at his face.

"She was going to ask if you wanted to get ready for the party together, but you're here. So I invited her over so you two could get ready."

"I like how comfortable you are with my friends."

"They're easy to be around. It doesn't hurt how much they're like you so."

We stayed in bed for a while longer before getting up to make breakfast. Harry had texted Kira his address and she'd let me know she would be over around 5pm. We didn't have have to be anywhere until 8:30ish, so we had plenty of time to just hang out.

Harry spent the day watching movies. I spent the day next to him with my laptop in my lap writing a new article. Deadlines never stop. Kira knocked on the door at 5:30, apologizing for being late. She carried a bag over her shoulder.

"Did you bring your whole closet with you?"

"No, I just wanted options. Harry also said you were here and I know you way to well to know that you didn't bring any party clothes with you. So I brought some things for you too."

"You'd actually be surprised. I stopped home after work last night before I came here and grabbed something to wear. A couple things actually."

"Consider me impressed. Look at you being ahead of the game."

"Hey, I have my shit together sometimes."

We walked into the living room together, but she stayed in the doorway, her bag over her shoulder. I walked to the couch where Harry lay, his legs stretched out.

"We'll be alternating between the bedroom and the bathroom if you need us."

I leaned down to kiss him. He held my face with his hands to keep me there a few moments longer.